cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems with overclocking the ASUS GTX 670 Direct CU II non top version

XiaoPigs
Level 7
I've been having major problems with overclocking my 670 ever since I got it. It runs perfectly normal at reference clocks speeds. But when i try overclocking it, even with a conservative overclock it just fails completely. For example I overclock it check gpu-z to see if my overclock was successful(it always is) than try running any game I frequently play(Battlefield 3). Firstly in BF3. When I start both the Single and Multiplayer it would crash in 1 second after it had finished loading. After it crashed and closed down BF3 I checked gpu-z again and saw that that the gpu had reset itself to reference clock speeds again. I would than proceed to start up a game of BF3 multiplayer and it would play just fine. I don't know if anyone else has the same problems but it is annoying the hell of me that I can't overclock my card to increase its performance especially since now that the GTX 660 ti has just launched and that extra 100 dollars I spent on my 670 is starting to seem like a bad buy. BTW I have tried the 301.42 WHQL driver as well as the latest 304.79 beta driver and the results were still the same.
7 REPLIES 7

HiVizMan
Level 40
What application are you using to over clock your card?

What is the over-clock frequency you are trying to over clock too?

And for information if the over-clock is showing in GPUz does not mean that it is stable, it just means those frequencies have been set.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

I used Afterburner 🙂 Oh an I managed get a stable overclock already just by overvolting it. Upped my 3dmark 11 performance score from 8500 ish to about 9700 ish. Thanks for replying though.

lenehan
Level 10
Please beware, couple of my friend raise the voltage for this card end up RMA. So you need to be careful with the voltage raise.
Change is the law of life. And those who look only to the past or present are certain to miss the future.

HiVizMan
Level 40
All good mate enjoy your card, remember - voltage and heat kill VGA's. Keep an eye on your temps.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

I still manage to keep my temps in the mid 60's 🙂 Ambient temps where I am is about 30 lol.

XiaoPigs wrote:
I still manage to keep my temps in the mid 60's 🙂 Ambient temps where I am is about 30 lol.

On idle or load?
Change is the law of life. And those who look only to the past or present are certain to miss the future.

Load lol and that's in celsius. If that was idle temps than we would have a problem 🙂