cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Poseidon cooling

Gawlron
Level 7
Question for owners and those in the know.

How does the Poseidon air/water cooler stand up to say an EK or Koolance water block? I saw this today and immediately soiled my pants: http://rog.asus.com/383202014/gaming-graphics-cards-2/asus-republic-of-gamers-announces-poseidon-gtx... ... x4 😉

Right now I have x3 GTX680s with water blocks from Koolance and my cards run at about 28C when I'm not really doing anything, and around 55C or lower when gaming. I've also have the cards overclocked:
ASUS RAMPAGE IV BLACK EDITION | INTEL i7 4930K | G.SKILLZ RIPJAW X 32GB | ASUS STRIX GTX 980 TWO-WAY SLI | CUSTOM WATER COOLING
RIP
4 REPLIES 4

X-ROG
Level 15
Poseidon won't replicate the performance of a full cover block, but it will bridge the gap between air cooling and water cooling at "zero cost".
Two reasons people get FC-blocks are looks and SLI bridges, but when FC-blocks are anything upwards of 70 Euro/US$100 and you don't really need to be running as cool as 55C, a lot of people do wonder whether it's worth the investment.

Gawlron
Level 7
Yeah... I've got less change in my pockets these days, but would love to upgrade from 680s to 980s... but I'm certain I'll be overclocking them as soon as I get GPU Tweak installed. 😛

I also like the look of the ROG shroud, the FC-blocks I have now are fugly... And they were about $150 CND a piece, about €110-120... for reference cards.
ASUS RAMPAGE IV BLACK EDITION | INTEL i7 4930K | G.SKILLZ RIPJAW X 32GB | ASUS STRIX GTX 980 TWO-WAY SLI | CUSTOM WATER COOLING
RIP

PataMorko
Level 7
I dont want start new thread so i decided to come here. My GTX 780 poseidon platinum runs 48 celcius IDLE with air, and 74 on LOAD. its far away from all tests ive found... is that normal or do i just got some "sunday model"?

Ps. sorry my bad english. im trying my best.

Gawlron
Level 7
I wish I knew to be honest. 48C on air seems pretty good to me, and so does the 74C on load. I'd be curious to hear what the temps are attached to a water loop.

PS: I didn't notice any bad English I your post. Give yourself more credit. 😉
RIP