cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[Patched] ASUS UEFI vBIOS tool for GTX 600 series cards!

Nodens
Level 16
I have patched the ASUS UEFI GOP Updater tool so that it skips the compatible motherboard check. With this patch the tool will blindingly continue to download and flash your card.
For SLI configurations each card must be flashed separately just like the original tool.

Disclaimer:
This is my own work and has nothing to do with ASUS. Neither ASUS or I can be held responsible if you manage to brick your system with this tool.
This is provided on a
USE AT YOUR OWN RISK basis. If your motherboard is not compatible with UEFI GOP it will BRICK your system FOR SURE. No one can be deemed responsible for using this other than yourself. So do your research and be absolutely certain your motherboard supports UEFI GOP.

Instructions:
1) Download the original ASUS tool (see HERE), install and reboot.
2) Download the patched executable: http://www.necrosan.com/rog/ASUS_UEFI_GOP_Tool_patch/ASUS_UEFI_Nodens.rar (New host courtesy of Necrosan:))
3) Extract the executable from the .rar archive in "C:\Program Files (x86)\ASUS\UEFI" while overwriting the stock one that is already there (You can backup the old one if you so wish).
4) IMPORTANT: Run the tool and leave it running until it looks like this:
(Image at the end of the post due to a bug with the forum editor and image attachments)

5)Reboot and disable CSM:)

Special thanks to my testers: Fefquois and furrybob. Their help testing was invaluable as I do not currently have any system without an ASUS board in order to test myself.

Do not post on this threads questions asking if your X-Y-Z brand and model board is compatible with UEFI GOP. I do not have the time to do that research for you. Research your board yourself or do not use this tool.

If your system has an ASUS UEFI GOP supporting board then you do not need this. Use the original ASUS tool instead.

Extra Notes:
A) On platforms with on-board graphics set init options to PEG first.
B) If you are using Logic Virtu disable it prior to flashing.

RAMPAGE Windows 8/7 UEFI Installation Guide - Patched OROM for TRIM in RAID - Patched UEFI GOP Updater Tool - ASUS OEM License Restorer
There are 10 types of people in the world. Those who understand binary and those who don't!

RealBench Developer.
72 REPLIES 72

Nodens
Level 16
Did you try to run the installer as admin? It looks like the installer is having trouble to install to the driver properly. Since there is no system instability, this can only mean a few things:

a) Registry permissions error
b) Corrupted registry
c) Messed up windows installation in general.

For c) Try running sfc /scannow. To check the state of the Windows installation. Registry corruption/registry bad permissions would need a reinstallation or restore from a backup that is good.
RAMPAGE Windows 8/7 UEFI Installation Guide - Patched OROM for TRIM in RAID - Patched UEFI GOP Updater Tool - ASUS OEM License Restorer
There are 10 types of people in the world. Those who understand binary and those who don't!

RealBench Developer.

Thanks Nodens to be clear this up shouldn't affect people from using your awesome tool on non Asus version MoBo.

Actually many 32 bit drivers still, check your C:\Windows\System32\drivers they do need to be 64bit aware...programs too.
Regardless used a spare 60gb drive to install Win 7 without activating. I removed my Win 7 drive to ensure no problems during install.
Installed Intel chipset, nvidia display driver rebooting after each then intel NIC driver. (so this is clean Win7 64 bit SP1 no updates .Net 4 installed by nvidia display driver via microsoft DL tool)
Then installed ASUS UEFI vBIOS tool reboot.
Success Video card bios installed properly. For interest sake I reinstalled AISuite_II_V20101 (latest version from web...right back to AsIO.sys !! (2) error...so see below.

So while I had a clean WIN7 install drive did some experimenting.
This is what features of AI Suite I was able to leave installed and not get AsIO.sys !! (2) error
First downloaded and installed Ai Charger+ rebooted.
Then installed latest AI Suite
The only options I left checked were (so doing a custom install) so uncheck anything not in list below.

Fan Expert 2
Probe II
System Information
USB 3.0 Boost
USB Charger +
GPU Boost

No more can't open AsIO.sys !! (2) on bootup

I can finally use Charge iPad feature even when computer is off.

Now the above were features I wanted.
"MyLogo" "Asus Update" and "USB Bios Flashback" Definitely causes error others I wasn't interested in.
If you want other features try my install first. Ensure no error, then try other features one at a time, if error comes back you know which feature to remove. Once you have had the error it seems tool will not run anymore. Asus contact me if you want any further info seems the ball for this is in your court.

Nodens
Level 16
Well yeah there's something wrong with the AI Suite installer it seems.

RealBench Developer.

Nikolay_Vasilev
Level 7
Hello,

I've bought used Asus GTX680 2GB, reference. It turned out that the card is flashed with Asus UEFI bios. I've tried flashback with Nvflash under DOS with moded bios, but it gives me message that img file must be one of several listed extensions, among them is .rom, but the bios IS with this extension .rom and so interrupts flashing.
Then I saved bios from the card with GPU-Z, unlocked it with KGB tool for 1,21 v and 100 % fan. So the bios were the same and tried again under DOS with Nvflash. Passed his check of both bioses and when start to flash, update is aborted.
So my question is, does anyone have info if anyone has found a way to flashback with normal bios if the card is already with UEFI bios, because I'm on Win 7 x64 and s.1366 motherboard. I just want to unlock this hybrid bios to 1.21v, 100% fan and 150% power limit. Why it is impossible to reflash with this same but unlocked bios?!!! I dnon't see the point of this ban, but Asus not explained why it can't.
Could this toll be made somehow to can update the same UEFI BIOS, but pre-modified with 1.21v, 100% and 150% fan?

Thank you in advance.

PP. Fixed. Just have to remove write protection.

edd555
Level 7
give pls uefi rom file for GTX670-DC2OG-2GD5 ... plz

edd555
Level 7
please please... my motherboard p7p55d pro and windows 8.1

PJSingh5000
Level 7
I was able to successfully flash Asus GTX670-DCMOC-2GD5. Since I use Linux, it was an arduous process because I had to actually find and connect an old HDD, install an old licensed copy of Windows XP, use a USB Ethernet Adapter (because the Win XP Ethernet Drivers aren't available for my newer ASRock Z87-ITX motherboard), and finally install the NVidia drivers. I was then able to successfully run the patched ASUSUEFI software.

I tried to upload the ROM to http://www.techpowerup.com/vgabios/ using TechPowerUp's GPU-Z Software, but I keep getting an error, "BIOS Reading not supported on this device4."

Nevertheless, I extracted and saved the updated ROM image using NVFlash. I could upload this image if anyone wants, please suggest where to put it?

Thanks for the patch!

Nodens
Level 16
Need help for what? The post you are quoting was successful flash..

RealBench Developer.

JanCerny
Level 7
Hi folks, I need UEFI BIOS for my GT640 in HTPC. I would appreciate it if anybody could inject UEFI support and sign for this BIOS.

Model: GT640-1GD3-L
P/N: 90-C1CSJ0-L0UAN0YZ
S/N: CAC0YZ213358

Here is detailed information from nvflash:
NVIDIA Firmware Update Utility (Version 5.164)

Adapter: GeForce GT 640 (10DE,0FC1,1043,840E) H:--:NRM B:01,PCI,D:00,F:00

The display may go *BLANK* on and off for up to 10 seconds during access to the
EEPROM depending on your display adapter and output device.

Identifying EEPROM...
EEPROM ID (7F,9D22) : PMC Pm25LD020 2.7-3.6V 2048Kx1S, page
Reading adapter firmware image...
IFR Data Size : 928 bytes
IFR CRC32 : 8E346755
IFR Image Size : 1024 bytes
IFR Image CRC32 : FB7DBA1C
IFR Subsystem ID : 1043-840E
Image Size : 181760 bytes
Version : 80.07.26.00.5B
~CRC32 : 7F2C14EB
OEM String : NVIDIA