cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NVLDDMKM Error and Asus TUF 4090 OC

Soupladel
Level 10
As title, have been having the occasional lock up > Black Screen > Audio Still Playing > sound of new device detected > eventual return to normality.

I have cheeked the system logs in event viewer and it seems its related to the video drivers and the nvlddmkm error.

On researching this, there is indication its related to power management/saving. I have done everything suggested in the articles i have found such as updating the driver (including a DDU wipe) and changing the PCI express setting in advanced power settings but it is still happening.

My Step up is:

Crosshair X670E Hero (currently running test BIOS 0802)
7950x (Cooled by Corsair H170i 420mm AIO)
32Gb (2x 16Gb) DDR5 6000 Dominator Platinum
Asus TUF 4090 OC (all 4 PCIE cables connected)
Corsair HX1000

Is this yet another early adopter issue i am facing or is there something i can actually do?
2 REPLIES 2

Jagguw
Level 8
Soupladel wrote:
As title, have been having the occasional lock up > Black Screen > Audio Still Playing > sound of new device detected > eventual return to normality.

I have cheeked the system logs in event viewer and it seems its related to the video drivers and the nvlddmkm error.

On researching this, there is indication its related to power management/saving. I have done everything suggested in the articles i have found such as updating the driver (including a DDU wipe) and changing the PCI express setting in advanced power settings but it is still happening.

My Step up is:

Corsair HX1000

Is this yet another early adopter issue i am facing or is there something i can actually do?

Were you able to find a solution because I am having the same problem

samerzayer
Level 7
Soupladel wrote:

My Step up is:

Corsair HX1000

fixed it by changing PCI link speed from AUTO to 4 in bios