Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NVIDIA Discloses Full Memory Structure and Limitations of GTX 970

ThePatcher
Level 7
36 REPLIES 36

Mandeep148 wrote:
Asus have worst customer support, I think refund is impossible for them.
My next card will be by EVGA, because it have best support,
Its officiall, evga providing refunds if gtx 970 customers are unhappy..
I will never buy Asus..
I'm not even getting able to play when games reach more than 3.5gb, we got scammed..
Those are not helping, be ready for destruction because internet social is big power.

LOL

just

LOL

Anyone who bought a 970 to replace a 780ti, well, nice side-grade move, not sure what you were trying to accomplish, the 780ti replacement is the 980...

Claviger wrote:
LOL

just

LOL

Anyone who bought a 970 to replace a 780ti, well, nice side-grade move, not sure what you were trying to accomplish, the 780ti replacement is the 980...

You really don't understand why someone would go from a 780ti to a 970? Like, really?!?

Maybe he wanted the same performance with better power efficiency, newer features, possible SLI setup, or GASP! More VRAM! Who would have thought to go for more vram to then get screwed on the purchase?

Laughing at others when you couldn't come up with your own reasons why. Now that is something to laugh at.

Mentas
Level 7
ASUS cant say its NVIDIA becuase at the end of the day we bought them from ASUS,, asus has to fight NV and not us

Mentas wrote:
ASUS cant say its NVIDIA becuase at the end of the day we bought them from ASUS,, asus has to fight NV and not us

For your info, 🙂
Nvidia told some companies to provide refunds,
Only evga inno 3d, and 2 others(i forgot) Accepted it.
Evga are giving refund now without any hesitation.
Its nvidia fault but giving no refund is both fault..

jweldy
Level 7
Fraudulent misrepresentation
A fraudulent misrepresentation occurs when someone makes a statement that -
they know is untrue, or,
they make without believing it is true, or,
they make recklessly

If you enter into a contract as a result of a fraudulent misrepresentation, then you can cancel the contract, claim damages, or both.
The Misrepresentation Act 1967 allows you to base your claim on negligence or on the fraud.
In addition, when a misrepresentation claim is based on negligence, the law states that the person who made the misrepresentation has to disprove the negligence.

In other words, they must prove that they had reasonable grounds to believe the statement, and that they believed the facts represented were true.

Negligent misrepresentation
This is a misrepresentation under the Misrepresentation Act 1967 where a statement is made carelessly or without reasonable grounds for believing its truth.
A negligent misrepresentation may fall under common law or under the Misrepresentation Act 1967. Financial loss may be recovered in some circumstances.

Go and read the Misrepresentation Act 1967,
http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/1967/7

nVidia have admitted the engineering team knew of the specifications, yet the PR team published incorrect specifications (and continue to do so..), so this is not covered by the Innocent Misrepresentation, but instead of the 2 types of misrepresentation i listed above. This is atleast true for the UK, there is probably one for your country and one for the EU as well.

Mentas
Level 7
the right thing to do is to let and offer the consumer the option to trade
MarshallR@ASUS

I will escalte this issue to the concern team. Once I get the response from the team I will let you know.
Is there anything else I can assist you with today?
Are you still with me? I just wanted to check in and make sure I haven't lost you.

joshua b weldy 08:54:36 pm

ikm still here
arent you escalating this?

Kyle B. 08:56:55 pm

Yes. I am escalating this issue. Once I get the responce from the next level support, I will let you know Joshua.

joshua b weldy 08:57:17 pm

you asked me if i was still here i am

Kyle B. 08:58:54 pm

Okay Joshua. Is there anything else I can assist you with today?

joshua b weldy 09:01:18 pm

im waiting for you to escalate this?

Kyle B. 09:06:44 pm

Joshua, the case number is N1501103740. Please use this case number for your reference.

joshua b weldy 09:07:41 pm

no i want you to get th em now

Kyle B. 09:10:11 pm

I am sorry Joshua. I will get the responce within 3 days from the next level support.

joshua b weldy 09:10:23 pm

"Hey, First, I want you to know that I'm not just a mod, I work for Nvidia in Santa Clara I totally get why so many people are upset. We messed up some of the stats on the reviewer kit and we didn't properly explain the memory architecture. I realize a lot of you guys rely on product reviews to make purchase decisions and we let you down. It sucks because we're really proud of this thing. The GTX 970 is an amazing card and I genuinely believe it's the best card for the money that you can buy. We're working on a driver update that will tune what's allocated where in memory to further improve performance. Having said that, I understand that this whole experience might have turned you off to the card. If you don't want the card anymore you should return it and get a refund or exchange. If you have any problems getting that done, let me know and I'll do my best to help. --Peter"

Kyle B. 09:14:08 pm

Once I get a responce from the concern team, I can process the next step Joshua as them mentioned in the case.

joshua b weldy 09:14:21 pm

READ THAT!

Kyle B. 09:18:08 pm

I Understand your frustration Joshua. I did go through the information shared by you. I understand that it comes to a problem with the card.
The best i can do is escalate this case to our development team and check on this issue, hopeflully as this has been raised by Nvdia itself. Our team would be working on getting an updated driver or a fix to solve this issue.
If we get any alternate solutions for this issue from our development team we shall get back to you over email and update you on the status.
As informed i have escalated this issue from my end it might take some time for them to review this issue and get back to you on this issue. I would request you to please wait for a response from our development team so that we can try to make your experience with ASUS better.

joshua b weldy 09:24:17 pm

i would like and exchange with needed funds for a 980 or a refund email me the conclusion
i would pay the difference
good day jweldy1214@gmail.com

Kyle B. 09:27:37 pm

We will get back to you once I received response from the concern department.

joshua b weldy 09:28:07 pm

no to the development team...
I Understand your frustration Joshua. I did go through the information shared by you. I understand that it comes to a problem with the card. 9:19 pmThe best i can do is escalate this case to our development team and check on this issue, hopeflully as this has been raised by Nvdia itself. Our team would be working on getting an updated driver or a fix to solve this issue. 9:20 pmIf we get any alternate solutions for this issue from our development team we shall get back to you over email and update you on the status. 9:21 pmAs informed i have escalated this issue from my end it might take some time for them to review this issue and get back to you on this issue. I would request you to please wait for a response from our development team so that we can try to make your experience with ASUS better. you said this

Kyle B. 09:29:51 pm

Okay joshua. This issue already escalated to the developement team.

joshua b weldy 09:30:43 pm

no send another with my name attached?

Kyle B. 09:32:53 pm

The case contains all details about this issue and they can see what we disscussed in this chat also. I already updated all the details in the case.
Please accept our sincere apologies for any distress this situation may have caused you and be assured that it will never happen again.
I haven't heard from you. I will need to close our chat to assist other customers. You can visit us again at service.asus.com.
Thank you for your chat. Feel free to contact us again.

Mentas wrote:
the right thing to do is to let and offer the consumer the option to trade
MarshallR@ASUS

This is an entirely a retailer decision, please contact them if you are unsatisfied. I'm sure they are aware of the situation and talking to their local Nvidia.

jweldy - I understand you are frustrated but please be patient with our team. The guy on the end of the line is only doing his job and waiting decisions made elsewhere. It takes time to co-work with our retail partners and Nvidia on such a sudden issue.

MarshallR@ASUS wrote:
This is an entirely a retailer decision, please contact them if you are unsatisfied. I'm sure they are aware of the situation and talking to their local Nvidia.

jweldy - I understand you are frustrated but please be patient with our team. The guy on the end of the line is only doing his job and waiting decisions made elsewhere. It takes time to co-work with our retail partners and Nvidia on such a sudden issue.

ID just really like to know how my motherboard had anything to do with this seriously. And as for courtesy where was ours when you guys tested these cards and saw these issues but decided to push them out anyways knowing full well most of us are going to see the stats and the price and jump. Well those stats lied and most of us are just finding this out for ourselves after buying your on 11/7/2014 and going to the web to find out whats wrong then we see this and OH BINGO makes sense. What ever happened to honor and respect i love your company but this is just shady show some respect for the people who pay you.

lbomb
Level 7
To those saying people are looking for handouts ill agree some are, and unwarrantedly so, but others like myself are just looking for a refund so they can buy the product they would have initially were the real specification detailed. I switched out my 780ti sli setup for 2 970s because i was hitting the ceiling of my 3 gb video ram and with these new revelations i see that i switched them out for a card with 0.5gb extra usable ram and a complicated ram structure that i do not beleive will be adequately optimized for at a driver level by nvidia. 970 will probably go down as the only card to ever exhibit such a foolish partitioned memory pool and resale value will consequently be diminished. Im trying to return my cards so as to buy 980s as I would have initially were it not for fictitious specifications explicitly detailed for 970 by nvidia and subsequently manufacturers and finally retailers.