cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NVIDIA Discloses Full Memory Structure and Limitations of GTX 970

ThePatcher
Level 7
305 Views
36 REPLIES 36

sWaZi_sKunk
Level 7
So you love the card, but you never would have bought it? Every single reputable reviewer following this unfortunate event has said, with all things being said, their recommendation for the GTX 970 has and will not change. The only thing that could effect this 'best price performance' bargain on a current gen architect is the price drop in AMD. I believe the 290x but don't quote me on that because I couldn't care less. I don't think that they dropped it to jab nVidia (I would say this isn't AMD's style) but has more to do with the soon release of their next line of cards (rumored).

What is it that you want? A refund? You can get it. A rebate? Game codes? A personal letter from Asus or nVidia saying they love you and promise never to make any mistakes ever again? At least they didn't send you a bottle of Jergin's and tell you to go rub yourself. DISCLAIMER: JERGINS IS NOT INTENDED TO WITHSTAND CONSTANT FRICTION AND SHOULD ONLY BE USED AS INTENDED WITHIN THE LIMITS OF INTENTION NOR IS ADVERTISED AS RUBBING COMPOUND NOR AM I RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY MISINTERPRETATION OF JERGINS INTENDED USES

I work partially in customer service as well; cars not computers. However if it's taught me anything it's that people who are rude, unwilling to be helped, judgmental, and immature get the LEAST amount of help i could possibly provide. Not that that's what the Asus tech did god bless his patient soul.

If your looking for compensation for your frustration please inform me where you bought the card, and I will link you to their customer support rep, maybe the guys over there will have a inherit full understanding of all the tech aspects you claim to test and be able to bake you up a better response. Have a eggsilent day.
ROG2015 Back in Red&Black
NZXT.H440 ~ M7F ~ i7-4790k ~ Poseidon GTX980 ~ G-Skill 2400 16gb ~ 850Pro 256gb ~ ThermalTake 1050w DPS ~ VG248QE

sWaZi sKunk wrote:
So you love the card, but you never would have bought it? Every single reputable reviewer following this unfortunate event has said, with all things being said, their recommendation for the GTX 970 has and will not change. The only thing that could effect this 'best price performance' bargain on a current gen architect is the price drop in AMD. I believe the 290x but don't quote me on that because I couldn't care less. I don't think that they dropped it to jab nVidia (I would say this isn't AMD's style) but has more to do with the soon release of their next line of cards (rumored).

What is it that you want? A refund? You can get it. A rebate? Game codes? A personal letter from Asus or nVidia saying they love you and promise never to make any mistakes ever again? At least they didn't send you a bottle of Jergin's and tell you to go rub yourself. DISCLAIMER: JERGINS IS NOT INTENDED TO WITHSTAND CONSTANT FRICTION AND SHOULD ONLY BE USED AS INTENDED WITHIN THE LIMITS OF INTENTION NOR IS ADVERTISED AS RUBBING COMPOUND NOR AM I RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY MISINTERPRETATION OF JERGINS INTENDED USES

I work partially in customer service as well; cars not computers. However if it's taught me anything it's that people who are rude, unwilling to be helped, judgmental, and immature get the LEAST amount of help i could possibly provide. Not that that's what the Asus tech did god bless his patient soul.

If your looking for compensation for your frustration please inform me where you bought the card, and I will link you to their customer support rep, maybe the guys over there will have a inherit full understanding of all the tech aspects you claim to test and be able to bake you up a better response. Have a eggsilent day.



I can tell your in customer service by your passive aggressive tone and your twisting of words. I appreciate your intelligence and let me say I applaud your attempt to discourage but Ill stop you there. No I do not recommend this card for it is not what it is being sold as. Yes it performs well under nominal conditions but if you stress it to the point it was intended for ( extensive gaming as said in sales videos)it stutters even in some 1080p instances while trying to dip into the secondary 512mb of slower ram after exhausting the primary faster 3.5gb. Also the speeds of the ram are slower than advertised also as Ive stated before the rops and the l2cache. Which was not advertised on box,video, or sales pitch. So yes I agree in light of the situation some of us including myself have gone a little off and have been rude for that Im sorry but again the ones of us who do experience the problems, having known about true specs of the card and the problems might occur would have not bought this card and gone to a Gtx 980 or stay with 780s and TIs.

jweldy wrote:
not bought this card and gone to a Gtx 980 or stay with 780s and TIs.


The info was out there, you just didn't see it :cool:
ROG2015 Back in Red&Black
NZXT.H440 ~ M7F ~ i7-4790k ~ Poseidon GTX980 ~ G-Skill 2400 16gb ~ 850Pro 256gb ~ ThermalTake 1050w DPS ~ VG248QE

sWaZi sKunk wrote:
The info was out there, you just didn't see it :cool:


Who is this guy? He doesn't have the issue. He never produced any testing of his own. Hasn't disproved the problem. He spouts misinformation just as bad as nvidia did. And he is on here telling everyone the problem was known prior to the community testing for themselves.

How pathetic is it for this individual to come on here and tell everyone it is their own fault for believing nvidia. Paid shill or not this guys should be banned.

libremaster
Level 7
Card is great. Up 'till now everyone was happy with these cads.

Baddparrot
Level 7
Link removed by admin - violation of forum rules (content with expletives).

Please do not post this type of content on the forum again .


-RAJA

toronto699
Level 13