cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nvidia 398.82 WHQL

Heini
Level 11
nVidia 398.82 WHQL is out... get it while it's hot and let us know how it works (or not) for you.
14 REPLIES 14

I don't think this is too bad for a 1080Ti. What do you think ?
https://rog.asus.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=74982&d=1533358724&thumb=1&stc=1

Nate152 wrote:

Comparing your score with mine, your Min. FPS looks low at 62.72, With 391.35 you had a Min. of 73.44FPS.

Avg. and Max. FPS saw a nice gain but, I would investigate the lower Min. FPS., if you can get Min. back to 73.44 FPS you'll have a nice score increase.

What do you look for that would affect min fps? The only thing that changed really is the driver, plus a light bump in GPU OC.

Nate152
MENINBLK - Your scores are in the ball park, are you overclocking your 1080 Ti ?

F0x135 - Check NVCP settings "Manage 3d settings" , for benchmarking I set them to performance, when gaming I set them to quality.

Closing some background processes in Task Manager can help too but I don't know if this will help with how much you lost in the Min. FPS. Have you run the benchmark a couple times ?

Click the pic to make it bigger

Windows Performance Options

Arne_Saknussemm
Level 40
Make sure you are not pushing OC too far...especially memory...sometimes the OC will hold near the edge but performance can be worse than backing off a bit...

Nate152 wrote:

F0x135 - Check NVCP settings "Manage 3d settings" , for benchmarking I set them to performance, when gaming I set them to quality.

Closing some background processes in Task Manager can help too but I don't know if this will help with how much you lost in the Min. FPS. Have you run the benchmark a couple times ?

Cheers Nate i'll change those settings. I haven't run it again since the last post.

Arne Saknussemm wrote:
Make sure you are not pushing OC too far...especially memory...sometimes the OC will hold near the edge but performance can be worse than backing off a bit...

TBH my custom profile settings was slightly under the 'OC' setting of GPU Tweak. All i did to 'tweak' was match those clocks and keep my custom fan curves in my profile.