Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nvidia 390.77 release

Nate152
34 REPLIES 34

Nate152
Yes and No 🙂

System restore would not restore sooooo....

I just reinstalled windows and updated the Nvidia driver, installed 3dMark and GPU Tweak II.

It's working now, here is a run with windows anniversary update, I'll update windows and run it again. Hard to believe it said the version of systeminfo could not be removed but as Blondie says ONE WAY OR ANOTHER it will get removed.

This is with NVCP set to performance and max pre rendered frames set to application controlled.

Arne_Saknussemm
Level 40

Nate152
It took a while to update windows but it's finally done. This time I also set the windows performance options to Adjust for best performance.

Menthol
Level 14
So Nate did you test both drivers on the new Windows install?

Arne, what board you getting?

Nate152
Yes Menthol on the first page, windows was fully updated.

I just reinstalled windows because 3d Mark would not let me remove the old version of system info.

Menthol
Level 14
Ah, I see said the blind man to the deaf horse

will this post....

Arne_Saknussemm
Level 40
LOL...sometimes a ROG thread will deteriorate quickly 😄

Menthol wrote:
Arne, what board you getting?

I'm keeping this strixly secret for now...

Nate152
Haha good one Arne, it's no secret anymore and you have a beast waiting to be unleashed !

I normally play games with the nvidia control panel set to quality but since it's set to performance I wanted to see if there was an increase in performance over quality settings. I dialed in the gpu overclock with...

+127MHz on the core
+1004MHz on the memory

Which is higher than the previous videos and wow, I'm seeing about a 25 FPS increase. It does look a little more aliased with performance settings, I have the antialiasing mode set to application controlled and using SMAA in the game settings. Ambient Occlusion is turned off in NVCP.

It's now hitting the 200 FFPS cap in places. I'm amazed at the increase in performance.

Arne_Saknussemm
Level 40
That's quite a jump!

That game looks an awful lot like Doom...