cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Nvidia Drivers for Doom

tomcoleman
Level 9
https://forums.geforce.com/default/topic/930978/geforce-drivers/announcing-geforce-hot-fix-driver-36...

This is GeForce Hot Fix driver version 364.96 that addresses the following:

- Support for DOOM Open Beta

Known issues:

- GFE may show the following error if launched without a network connection: "GeForce Experience encountered an error and must close"
11 REPLIES 11

toronto699
Level 13
Anyone know what is going on with Nvidia driver team at the moment.

Nvidia driver team smoking in a basement somewhere?

364.96....not even beta..."hotfix" installs older vulkan... fixes few of the major problems with 364.72...which itself fixed no issues with previous killer driver 364.47

364.91....installs latest vulkan

So basically since 3rd March Nvidia driver support has failed to deliver decent drivers and well over a month later there are no signs of a decent driver coming.Just signs of desperate attempts to stay abreast of latest marketing

Arne_Saknussemm
Level 40

Nate152
Hey guys !

I saw this hotfix too says it's for Doom open beta, normally they release a driver for new games not a hotfix, so yeah what's up with NVidia.

Arne_Saknussemm
Level 40
Don't know...it's weird...

Seems they have introduced some deep rooted problems and either can't find what or can't solve it easily.

The release of these drivers lately without support for Titan Z was a bit suss...like they had to get something out there to keep up with new games and VR rubbish while they worked on a real driver. But the beta testing as WHQL seems to have backfired heavily with loads of dead cards reported and loads of problems generally.

First time I have had system breaking problems with a driver. Have had to clean install twice now...whatever the latest drivers do they leave scars...clean install of driver is not enough to get rid of effects.

Will only trust a driver branch they release with a lot of specific fixes and Titan Z support....

Nate152
I'm not running sli anymore but 364.72 has been working ok for me, I know you and Menthol were saying the lest two drivers from NVidia didn't work with sli.

I wonder if they're having trouble implementing pascal with maxwell, you would think they would have it done though.

Have you tried the hotfix to see if it fixed the sli problem? I haven't installed it yet myself, contemplating.....

Arne_Saknussemm
Level 40
No, I haven't and I'm not touching a driver until it is WHQL with a list of definite fixes and a normal driver thread on their website...

The trouble was not SLI per se but enabling SLI with CSM disabled in BIOS...and subsequent BSODs that were so hard they corrupted OS for me outright

Nate152

grassy
Level 12
I am using 361.91 and they are working great and had no need to upgrade luckily.If its not broken i wont fix it, i am a happy gamer at the moment because i have no stutter in my games.Man that feels good;)
FAME IS A MASK THAT EATS INTO THE FACE

Arne_Saknussemm
Level 40
Yeah, 361.91 is also a good driver...you did well sticking there...I should have done the same...