cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Matrix 780 ti LED Not Working Correctly

The_Night_Kid
Level 7
Hi everyone,

Not sure if anyone can help, but it's worth asking... the LED light on my Matrix 780 ti seems to be stuck on red, and never goes to orange for low loading or blue at idle. I know some of you would think that's great cause it matches the ROG red theme all the time, but this card is one of two in SLI, and the other card's LED works normally (blue when idle at desktop etc). The card seems to perform with no issues, it's just the LED, but it's annoying how they don't match. Anyone else have any troubles or know how to fix this?

I also have a pair of Matrix 7970's with a similar issue, one card is blue when idle and the other card is green at idle (solid green, not flashing like as if it was in safe mode).

I love the Matrix cards, but i really want the LED's to match. Thank you for your time.

System specs:

I7 3770k
Maximus V Formula
Matrix 780 ti x 2
AX1200i
2 REPLIES 2

ConkersGrillfor
Level 9
The Night Kid wrote:
Hi everyone,

Not sure if anyone can help, but it's worth asking... the LED light on my Matrix 780 ti seems to be stuck on red, and never goes to orange for low loading or blue at idle. I know some of you would think that's great cause it matches the ROG red theme all the time, but this card is one of two in SLI, and the other card's LED works normally (blue when idle at desktop etc). The card seems to perform with no issues, it's just the LED, but it's annoying how they don't match. Anyone else have any troubles or know how to fix this?

I also have a pair of Matrix 7970's with a similar issue, one card is blue when idle and the other card is green at idle (solid green, not flashing like as if it was in safe mode).

I love the Matrix cards, but i really want the LED's to match. Thank you for your time.

System specs:

I7 3770k
Maximus V Formula
Matrix 780 ti x 2
AX1200i

Did you do a complete power drain?
Maybe try to backup the vBios and then flash it over the current (same) one. 😉
Desktop: Xigmatek Elysium | Rampage IV Extreme | i7-3960X | G.Skill 32Gb DDR3 2133Mhz|fastest Asus MarsII on the planet:cool: core 950Mhz| Kingston HyperX SSD 240Gb + 300Gb Intel 300series SSD + Velociraptor 600Gb + 3TB HDD | Enermax Maxrevo 1500W| 3xDell U2412m |
Laptop: Samsung 940X3G | i7-4500U | 8Gb RAM | 256Gb SSD | 13.3" 3200x1800 |

Thanks for the reply.

I'll give it a go, but something tells me the bios may not have anything to do with the LED's, because I had flashed my Matrix 7970's to a 280x bios and it seemed to have no effect on the LED's... (even after i had flashed them both to the same 280x bios, i still had one card blue at idle and the other was still green at idle)