cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Learn to Force Enable PCIe 3.0 and Super Charge your FPS

TrickMasterPC
Level 10
If your motherboard, CPU and graphics cards all support PCIe 3.0 then shouldn't everything run at PCIe 3.0 speeds? The answer is no, by default your motherboard and graphics cards will only run at PCIe 2.0 speeds which significantly hinders system and gaming performance. You have to Force Enable PCIe 3.0. By enabling PCIe 3.0 you will see a frame-rate increase of anywhere from 30-100 frames per second in-game. Lag and choppy game-play will be a thing of the past. When running the Unigen Heaven 4.0 Benchmark on absolute max settings I was hitting an average frame-rate of about 80fps, after enabling PCIe 3.0 support my average FPS jumped to a whopping 123fps. In the Unigen Heaven Benchmark this kind of frame-rate jump is monstrous. Check out the tutorial steps below on specifically how to force enable PCIe gen3 on your system.

Here's the tutorial: http://www.trickmasterpc.com/force-enable-gen3-pcie-3.html

Motherboard: ASUS ROG Rampage V Edition 10
CPU: Intel 6950x 4.2GHz
GPU: 2x Nvidia ASUS RTX 3090 with EK Water Blocks
Memory: Corsair Dominator Platinum 64GB (4x8GB) 3,600 MHz
M.2 SSD: Samsung 960 Pro NVMEI
Sound: Creative XFI Fatal1ty Champion Series
PSU: Corsair AX1200i
1 REPLY 1

AiBarberGuy
Level 7
TrickMasterPC wrote:
If your motherboard, CPU and graphics cards all support PCIe 3.0 then shouldn't everything run at PCIe 3.0 speeds? The answer is no, by default your motherboard and graphics cards will only run at PCIe 2.0 speeds which significantly hinders system and gaming performance. You have to Force Enable PCIe 3.0. By enabling PCIe 3.0 you will see a frame-rate increase of anywhere from 30-100 frames per second in-game. Lag and choppy game-play will be a thing of the past. When running the Unigen Heaven 4.0 Benchmark on absolute max settings I was hitting an average frame-rate of about 80fps, after enabling PCIe 3.0 support my average FPS jumped to a whopping 123fps. In the Unigen Heaven Benchmark this kind of frame-rate jump is monstrous. Check out the tutorial steps below on specifically how to force enable PCIe gen3 on your system.

Here's the tutorial: http://www.trickmasterpc.com/force-enable-gen3-pcie-3.html

What about for windows 10? Asus hero xii mobo