cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just recieved a Zotac 1080ti Amp! Extreme GPU

Not_Enough_Rage
Level 11
The Zotac Amp! Extreme 1080ti GPU just arrived today, and I am wondering if I should use DDU to clean out all traces of previous 980ti drivers before I install the 1080ti driver. I have been doing clean installs of the 980ti drivers, but every time I run the virus/spyware/malware program I can see the traces of those previous drivers in the scan. So, I don`t think Nvidia`s clean driver install is really removing all traces of old drivers.
Are there any other things I should do or check when I put in the 1080ti card to ensure a smooth upgrade?
9 REPLIES 9

Nate152
Hi Not_Enough_Rage

I never had any problems using Nvidia's uninstaller so using that or DDU will work.

You don't even need to uninstall the driver, when I upgraded from the ROG Matrix-P 980 Ti to the ROG Strix 1070 I just swapped them out. The ROG Strix 1070 was recognized and worked as if it was always there.

jab383
Level 13
I had one issue with 980 to 1080 upgrade. My driver wasn't the latest. According to the Nvidia compatibility list in the dirver notes, the 10xx family wasn't listed. I deleted the old driver with control panel, not DDU, and installed the latest. The 1080 and a 1060 work fine after that.

Okay thanks guys. I already removed the old drivers and installed the new GPU a few days ago. The system recognizes the card, but I`m having trouble with screen tearing which I explained in my post in the ROG monitor section. Can you please help me there?

https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?93229-Need-Help-With-Screen-Tearing-Problem

Nate152
I can't speak for G-Sync but V-Sync should fix the screen tear.

In the nvidia control panel try turning off G-Sync and set V-Sync to "Use the 3d application" then enable V-Sync in the game settings.

Try this and see if this caps the frames to 60 FPS and stops the screen tear.

DDU to be safe, but I swap cards all the time and NVIDIA to NVIDIA never caused an issue when not using DDU.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Nate152 wrote:
I can't speak for G-Sync but V-Sync should fix the screen tear.

In the nvidia control panel try turning off G-Sync and set V-Sync to "Use the 3d application" then enable V-Sync in the game settings.

Try this and see if this caps the frames to 60 FPS and stops the screen tear.

I tried it. It did`nt help by using one or the other of both features. The strange thing is, it`s worse when playing The Division game. I don`t know if this is related, but the mouse function occasionally goes berserk and C+ Runtime closes something down. I don`t know if Runtime is terminating the mouse driver or what. It does`nt say.
I`m thinking about returning this 1080ti for an exchange.

https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthrea...earing-Problem

Nate152
All right

Try forcing V-Sync on in the nvidia control panel and enable triple buffering.

Does this get V-Sync working ?

Nate152 wrote:
All right

Try forcing V-Sync on in the nvidia control panel and enable triple buffering.

Does this get V-Sync working ?

Yes. Turned on V-sync and Triple Buffering. Tearing is gone so far. The Division game graphics is finally beautiful again. Thanks Nate. 😉

Some web pages are still jittery though.

Nate152
That's strange the in game v-sync isn't working, maybe something to do with G-Sync ? I played The Division the weekend it was free and v-sync was working.

At the top of Uplay click games then right click on The Division and click "Verify Files".