cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issues with GeForce GTX 690

Jasonsmith
Level 7
My ASUS PC, windows 7 32 bytes, use GeForce GTX 690 with driver 32601, it displayed a error "DDirectX Function “GetDeviceRemovedReason” failed with DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_HUNG: Device hung due to badly formed command". I have no idea what the command is. I cannot fix the error code, and what's the problem exactly? My CPU got high, and sometimes it stuck when I played my games. Anyone can help me? Thanks in advance.
2 REPLIES 2

Harrisonlory
Level 7
I had the same problem like you. Your driver may be corrupt, you can try to update your driver to the latest one or reininstall it. I consult the suggestion from blog.2-computerdriver website, if you still cannot reslove your issue, you may consider it. Hope it helps you. 🙂

MeanMachine
Level 13
Hi Jasonsmith and welcome to ROG.

It will be best to list your full system specs,and if you are running 32bit Windows, I suggest you upgrade to 64bit.

DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_HUNG:

The application's device failed due to badly formed commands sent by the application. This is a design-time issue that should be investigated and fixed.

Most times a driver update can fix this, if not:

Could be a corrupted .DLL file and you may have to re-install Windows.

Other Windows files may be corrupt too. Try: sfc /scannow in an admin Command Prompt.

This issue can also occur with overclocked cards in certain games and remedied with changes to settings in Nvidia Control Panel.
We owe our existence to the scum of the earth, Cyanobacteria

My System Specs:

MB:ASUS ROG Crosshair VII Hero/WiFi GPU:EVGA GTX 1080 sc PSU:Corsair AX-1200i
CPU:
AMD R7 2700X Cooler: Corsair Hydro H115i Case: Corsair Carbide 780t

Memory:G.Skill TridentZ F4-3200C14D-16GTZR SSD:Samsung 500GB 960 EVO M.2

[/HR]