cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is Asus RTX 2080ti poseidon Coming?

Niko19922
Level 7
i had been looking forward to the new Graphics cards from nvidia and when they finally came, i then looked on Asus's website to see if the poseidon edition had come, but NO.
So now is my question then is it never coming or WHAT? and if it is coming for how long am i going to wait?
40 REPLIES 40

Vlada011
Level 10
Poseidon is great, I hope ASUS will build nice and Turing option for people who like him.
But for that they need to collect and test good graphic processors, that can't be done immediately.

People talk it's bad because custom loop and full cover block give 45-50C and Poseidon give 50-55C example. Such difference mean nothing.
I could understand 45C is better than 65C or 75C. But 50-55C is warm.
You buy Poseidon, install in watercooling and wait when some nice price for full cover waterblock show up.
Now I see GPU blocks for Strix on Ebay for 60-70$ new, only at the moment no exactly version for GTX1080Ti Strix, there is for 1080.
But it's only matter of week. People always screamed Why no one make GPU block Universal to use waterblock for day 1 after upgrade...
Than manufacturers show GPU blocks, 1 or 2 make, price reach 150-160 euro. With Poseidon you have time to look for options.

ASUS done great job because build same PCB as Strix and didn't left spoiled people only on Hybrid watercooling and we have choice to change. They will repeat that probably.
Poseidon cooler look little different and I want to enjoy in that first. If you check him from side he is much nicer than any full cover waterblock even without any RGB.

Raja
Level 13
As stated earlier, no Poseidon plans at present. Something else is coming.

Raja@ASUS wrote:
Something else is coming.

Winter?

Arne Saknussemm wrote:
Winter?

No, November IS winter.

Raja@ASUS wrote:

You guys have done a great job engineering the hybrid cooling solution; it would be a shame to see that go to waste as I think it would be an easy adaptation and validation for the new cards using the new fans already developed for the Strix on the Poseidon's hybrid heat sink.

Raja@ASUS wrote:
Something else is coming.
Arne Saknussemm wrote:
Winter?
Raja@ASUS wrote:
No, November IS winter.

Ha, I take it Raja hasn't seen Game of Thrones

I'm currently running 2 Poseidon 1080Ti cards for computational work (not bitcoin mining). It took a while for the Poseidon to come out.

Am planning a new build with 4 Poseidon 2080Ti cards.

Water-cooling is absolutely required because the system runs 100% pegged 24/7 so it's a challenge to keep everything cool. The current cards operate around 33C.

What mobo would support an Intel i9 CPU and 4 Poseidon 20180Ti cards the best?

rockney8588 wrote:
I'm currently running 2 Poseidon 1080Ti cards for computational work (not bitcoin mining). It took a while for the Poseidon to come out.

Am planning a new build with 4 Poseidon 2080Ti cards.

Water-cooling is absolutely required because the system runs 100% pegged 24/7 so it's a challenge to keep everything cool. The current cards operate around 33C.

What mobo would support an Intel i9 CPU and 4 Poseidon 20180Ti cards the best?

If you can utilize the processor or are very memory intensive, maybe the upcoming Dominus Extreme; if not, perhaps the WS Z390 Pro.

Arne Saknussemm wrote:
Winter?

November IS winter.

Raja@ASUS wrote:

But when? *

AthosTheGeek wrote:
But when? *

Expect an announcement during CES.