cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Idle temps to high (asus strix 970)

Syntraxx
Level 7
Hi i have bought an asus strix on 01-06-2016 and i noticed that my idle temps are running up to 63C ...on idle when the only thing i have open is edge/IE.
I am normaly used to have temps like between 30- and 40 C but this is pretty rediculous iff u ask me ..

i have noticed that the is this 0dbfan.. that kicks in at 65 C but it cant be good for a card to run 63 all the time does it?

some help with this would be awesome

regards,
4 REPLIES 4

Vlada011
Level 10
If you have some monitor with higher resolution and higher refresh rate...maybe.
Did you check GPU clock and usage in idle with GPU-Z Sensor?
If temps is 60C than card is not completely idle and fan start to work over 60C.

these are the temps and gpu usage on idle on a single 1080 monitor

Chino
Level 15
That's the way it was designed. The fans won't kick in until it is needed. If the high temperature worries you, you can always change the fan's behaviour and make it run at a speed that you feel comfortable with. 🙂

Chino ,

Thanks for your reply.
So in GPU tweak i can set the fan kick to a lower level?? ( for instance 40C )

this also because i think the hotter the card is, the more power it consumes.iff im wrong and it will not harm the card mabey its best to leave it ..
But i think due to the heat the card produce it will damage faster than that the cards stay's at a nice cool temperature

Please let me know iff im wrong ..

Thanks