cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

i7 7800x & GTX 1080 Ti Battlefield 1 1080p , Fps drops & 100-90%+ CPU Usage problem

sefiremre
Level 7
Hey Guys;
My pc Specs;
Asus x299 E gaming MB
i7 7800x Intel CPU Overlocked Asus Extreme Tuning
G skill 16 gb 3600 mhz DDr4 ram kit extreme tuning up to them 3200 mhz( i dont knoww manually how can i take stable 3600 mhz )
Asus strix 1080 Ti Graphic Card
M.2 sata Evo 960 500 gb SSD
NZXT x62 Kraken CPU Liquid Cooler
RM100i PSU and now i trying RM750x

its

GPU Usage 45-65 Percentage
CPU Usage everytime more then 90%
i guess there is have a problem 😄

THIS IS MY VIDEO :
https://youtu.be/RcLXa3QWX4w

THIS IS OTHER GUY SAME SPECC PC BUT 2K Monitor
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sIauLGJ-Vc4&t=12s

As i said in title i had a problem , fps drops and more then 90% CPU usage and maximum GPU usage %65 is it normal ? what is the problem you can watch my video on this link some explosives making me random fps drops but i feeling it to much , its down110 to 60 - 100 to 70 directly.
i give up to play games on this monster i spent really to much money this computer for gaming but its not stable .
about Monitor i just wait Asus PG27UQ 4K HDR monitor because of that i still using this one

XL2420T 120 Hz BenQ Monitor but 1080p overkill for 1080 ti i understand but why its everytime fps drops , freezings and some shuttering

I update Bios
Last graphich card Drivers With DDU .
i did default witout do any oc when i do this its getting worst.
i change my PSU rm1000i to rm 750x tryed psu and i tryed 2 different ram moduls. 2600 mhz ddr4

I just focus my monitor 1080p maybe doing overkill and bottleneck for my system , but i do not have high resolutaion monitor to try it im still waiting to buy new 1

do you have any idea please advice me , i stuck really ...
10 REPLIES 10

Nate152
Hi sefiremre

In the Nvidia control panel under manage 3d settings try setting Maximum pre-rendered frames to 1, also in the game settings try directx 11 and directx 12 to see if there is a difference in performance.

Some programs use the cpu when recording, I'm not sure what you're recording with but I use shadowplay, shadowplay uses the gpu to record.

I saw same problem Battlefront 2 and i fixed it , when i open V-sync and stuck fps limit 60 all my cpus going down %30 -40 avarage and gpus also 40 50 120 hz v-sync on %50 -70 using cpu , but i dont understand if this problem about my , monitor or games ? also Total War Warhammer II i dont have any problem like this no fps drops and other think , and The witcher if i open V-sync again no problem its playing very well but i dont know 😞

sefiremre
Level 7
I made it now , hmm i playing normally dx 11 when i tryed to dx 12 drops are getting worse. I just 1 time to shoot video to show my problem , its shadow play

Nate152
When recording you can turn off v-sync to show maximum FPS, when just playing, enable v-sync to cap the FPS to 120.

With V-sync on, enable triple buffering.

You could try setting an FPS cap to 120 rather than using v-sync.

I'd think it's a game issue or settings if other games are playing fine. Try single player then try multiplayer and see if there is a difference in cpu usage.

richac
Level 7
dx12 doesn't work right in bf1, you have to use dx11.

I was getting stutters and high cpu usage on my i7-7700k for a while. It would spike to 100% alot. But it got fixed I think from the game devs or drivers since many people were complaining about stutters using the 7700k. Maybe similar issue. I would complain on the battlefield forums about it too. Now my cpu use in bf1 is now around 60-80%. But Spiking is one thing, a constant over 90% cpu use is definitely not normal.

Also bf1 doesn't play nice with ramcache I noticed just in case you are using that. Might wanna try a windows clean boot. Disable all asus software. disable origin ingame. Disable windows xbox gaming mode. go to settings, disable gamebar, everything. reboot Check process usage when gaming.

I have the same exact drive too. Are you using samsung nvme drivers and updated the firmware on it?

I still experience this on my b250f when using sleep mode man. Although not as bad. Are you by chance coming out of sleep mode? Using power saving features. Does rebooting fix it? Try turning off fast startup and using high performance mode. and disabling all audio devices except one you using. also lower default audio quality.

richac
Level 7
@Nate152. Thats the exact issue i have when resuming from sleep on my desktop board i've been describing in the other threads. Althought not nearly as bad. when not resuming from sleep I don't get the issue. He has same exact nvme drive as me. wait no he doesn' this is sata I'm sorry. how do I delete this post lol.

Nate152
Ahhhh, so resuming from sleep could be the issue or ramcache if he's using that.

I don't have BF1 but I see alot of people reporting high cpu usage with it.

No need to delete your post, it's ok. 🙂

MrAgapiGC
Level 13
nice post. please do not delete it. For example my 7700k doe not have these problem. but some games, in my case the division, have problems with artifacts, in top of the monitor, in dx12. that is on 1080, also with a 1080ti and a gsync monitor have it. many still use dx11. i test the 12 and looks fantastic. in fact i love the it can do. i do not have space for more games. i do own BT1 let see if i can get more storage room later.
Learn, Play Enjoy!

Itzycharles wrote:
nice post. please do not delete it. For example my 7700k doe not have these problem. but some games, in my case the division, have problems with artifacts, in top of the monitor, in dx12. that is on 1080, also with a 1080ti and a gsync monitor have it. many still use dx11. i test the 12 and looks fantastic. in fact i love the it can do. i do not have space for more games. i do own BT1 let see if i can get more storage room later.

ya but dice themselves say not to use it. Its not even available to my with my 1070. It will auto revert back to dx11 after latest patches. When I first got the game and tried to use it, it was unplayable. For 90% of the people its unplayable on dx12. Trust me the game is meant to be played at dx11. The dx12 is very very broken.