cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to liquid cool Asus GeForce GTX 780 3GB PCI-Express 3.0 HDMI POSEIDON PLATINUM

RedTez
Level 7
Hi,

I am just about to buy the components for my new pc and i chose the Asus GeForce GTX 780 3GB PCI-Express 3.0 HDMI POSEIDON PLATINUM because i would like to use the water cooling feature.

The chosen components includes the Corsair Hydro H110 280mm High Performance Liquid CPU Cooler - is there anyway to plumb this so that it cools the cpu and the poseidon and maybe include a reservoir just to add a lil insurance policy to the cooling capacity??

If so how would it be done and what would be needed maybe with a stockist - i am in the UK.

Thanks in advance
5 REPLIES 5

Firedcylinder
Level 7
Not with the H110. Supposedly the Cooler Master Glacer 240l will allow this but none of the Asetek-based coolers will without some major modding.
The Kraken
Xigmatek Aquila
Asus Rampage IV Gene
Intel i7-4820k
16GB G.Skill Ripjaws X DDR 3 1866MHz
Asus Geforce GTX 780Ti DirectCU II
NZXT Kraken x60
Corsair AX860
Creative Soundblaster ZX

graphic
Level 11
hello RedTez, welcome..
in short to water cool a gpu need to purchase a gpu water block
which leads to building a custom water cooling loop...
which I think would perform better than a Corsair Hydro H110
I suppose cost has to come in the equation too....
this probably something that companies like corsair are working on now
a closed loop, cpu + gpu lol haha o.0
hmm, do I get any cash for my bright idea's?? haha

Arne_Saknussemm
Level 40
Yeah the Corsair coolers are closed loop coolers so no adding anything to them without serious warranty voiding modifications. Best to get yourself a watercooling kit from EK or XSPC.

Poseidon has built in cooling block...

🙂

philly_cheese_s
Level 8
E bay
Buy a pump, rad and some hose, boom done oh and a cpu water block as well. You'll be much more happy with custom built water cooling than pre built IMHO.
Welcome to the forum!

GOR52
Level 10
RedTez wrote:
Hi,

I am just about to buy the components for my new pc and i chose the Asus GeForce GTX 780 3GB PCI-Express 3.0 HDMI POSEIDON PLATINUM because i would like to use the water cooling feature.

The chosen components includes the Corsair Hydro H110 280mm High Performance Liquid CPU Cooler - is there anyway to plumb this so that it cools the cpu and the poseidon and maybe include a reservoir just to add a lil insurance policy to the cooling capacity??

If so how would it be done and what would be needed maybe with a stockist - i am in the UK.

Thanks in advance

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ceSrjnwPd-4&feature=youtu.be