cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help me to find issue with gpu or monitor

fm_sam_bahadur
Level 7
Hi everyone
Im running gtx 760 direct cu 2. Issue is when PC is ideal (no load on GPU) monitor works fine. But as soon as any game or valley benchmark starts monitor to blinking and horizontal artifacts lines starts to occur. btw it's a 1080p monitor

I also tested PC connecting with 1080p TV screen with valley benchmark no problems whatsoever

i feel like monitor is culprit. What do you guys think?
I know 760 is very old now hehe..
9 REPLIES 9

Silent_Scone
Super Moderator
Which output? Have you tried changing the data cable?
13900KS / 8000 CAS36 / ROG APEX Z790 / ROG TUF RTX 4090

fm_sam_bahadur
Level 7
Data cable ? Do you mean display cable it's HDMI

bfollowell
Level 9
It sounds like you've already done a decent job of narrowing down your problem. While not 100%, if you try it on another display, and you can't reproduce the problem, then I'd say there's better than even odds that it's your display, especially if you used the same cable when you moved to the TV. If you have access to another monitor, not a TV, you could try that on your PC, but that's about the only thing I can see that you could do to help narrow your problem down even more.

Good luck.

MasterC
Community Admin
Community Admin
If everything is fine on the TV, then there's nothing wrong with the GTX 760. Test the HDMI cable the other way around in case one connector has a loose connection. If confirmed with another HDMI cable to eliminate that as the cause, then the monitor must be the issue. Alternatively, try connecting a different PC or laptop to the monitor to see if you can replicate the issue.

MasterC@ASUS wrote:
If everything is fine on the TV, then there's nothing wrong with the GTX 760. Test the HDMI cable the other way around in case one connector has a loose connection. If confirmed with another HDMI cable to eliminate that as the cause, then the monitor must be the issue. Alternatively, try connecting a different PC or laptop to the monitor to see if you can replicate the issue.

You were right MasterC there is no issue with 760 it was HDMI cable.

My PC is 5 years old still rocking Rampage IV Black Edition and gtx 760 without any issue. Thank you for creating good hardware pass on greetings to engineering team and Raja.
Hoping to buy 1070 in future 🙂

cljustin
Level 8
Glad you got it figured out. Usually cables are the culprit but people disregard it thinking it is the actual unit.

MasterC
Community Admin
Community Admin
Glad it was just the cable, new graphics cards are quite expensive right now...

MasterC@ASUS wrote:
Glad it was just the cable, new graphics cards are quite expensive right now...

Yes that's why I'm waiting.. btw my seasonic psu stopped work there was loud bang after that pc was not starting... I hope psu haven't fried any other components 😞

fm_sam_bahadur
Level 7
never mind got psu RMAed working again... 🙂