cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GTX780ti DC2 OC - Screen flickers and shuts off during gameplay.

ceremony
Level 7
Playing Archeage alpha or any game really with my new graphics card was shutting off my computer - as if it was unplugged from the wall. Happens randomly, and quite quickly into the gameplay. So - I ran to the store and swapped out my old Power Supply with a brand new digital Toughpower DPS 750w from Thermaltake.
Now whenever I fly around on my glider in Archeage, or play any game with a long view distance, the monitors flash off, the speakers start to hum, and the music from the game sort of starts gargling and stopping. The computer is still ON, but I cannot access anything and the monitors go black into power save mode. I have to reboot.

Setup:

• GPU: Asus GTX 780 TI OC Direct CU ii
  • CPU: i7-4770k
  • PSU: Thermaltake 750w Toughpower DPS, Digital
  • Mobo: Asus Z87 Plus

GPU Temp wasn't going above 60c during gameplay. I have a case with 5 fans, all running in addition to the two on the video card itself. I tried shutting off the "Power Surge Protection" setting in Bios, and I updated Mobo bios to the latest version. Didnt help.
This did not happen with my old GTX 680.

My power supply has the PCI-E 6+2 cables that are "2 in 1", meaning that one cable coming out of the PSU forks and has two 6+2 inputs at the end, I'm assuming for easier SLI hookups. I am currently using both cables from the power supply instead of one that forks into two, despite it being able to fill both inputs.
3 REPLIES 3

1stcowgirl
Level 7
ceremony wrote:
Playing Archeage alpha or any game really with my new graphics card was shutting off my computer - as if it was unplugged from the wall. Happens randomly, and quite quickly into the gameplay. So - I ran to the store and swapped out my old Power Supply with a brand new digital Toughpower DPS 750w from Thermaltake.
Now whenever I fly around on my glider in Archeage, or play any game with a long view distance, the monitors flash off, the speakers start to hum, and the music from the game sort of starts gargling and stopping. The computer is still ON, but I cannot access anything and the monitors go black into power save mode. I have to reboot.

Setup:

• GPU: Asus GTX 780 TI OC Direct CU ii
  • CPU: i7-4770k
  • PSU: Thermaltake 750w Toughpower DPS, Digital
  • Mobo: Asus Z87 Plus

GPU Temp wasn't going above 60c during gameplay. I have a case with 5 fans, all running in addition to the two on the video card itself. I tried shutting off the "Power Surge Protection" setting in Bios, and I updated Mobo bios to the latest version. Didnt help.
This did not happen with my old GTX 680.

My power supply has the PCI-E 6+2 cables that are "2 in 1", meaning that one cable coming out of the PSU forks and has two 6+2 inputs at the end, I'm assuming for easier SLI hookups. I am currently using both cables from the power supply instead of one that forks into two, despite it being able to fill both inputs.

Corsair GS700
I am also hooked with the two 6+2 (it shouldent be a problem)
ºi7-4790k, ºZ97-A, º4x4GB Ripjaws X 1600mhz, ºASUS GTX 780Ti OC [DC2OC] ºCorsair GS700, ºCM 690 IIIº LG E2241T ºWin 7 Ulti' SP1 x64

philly_cheese_s
Level 8
Are you overclocked at all when this happens? If you are over clocking what app are you using? I have this happen when I'm heavily overclocked, I hit CLT+ALT+DLT. I then have to reset EVGA Precision with less Core clock, are you using the latest drivers? Have you tried a full re install?

I am having the exact same ( I mean exactly) with my ASUS GTX 780. If you have found a fix please, please, let me know. I have tried evrything and am running at stock speeds.