cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gtx580 matrix P. is clocked @ 405mhz defaul and max overclock at only 810mhz problem

ezracool11
Level 7
Hello im having trouble with my Matrix Gtx 580.

I was playing one day and noticed that it begun to lag. I took a look at my GPU-z and gpu monitor and saw that the card was clocked at only 405mhz defualt, almost all were halfed from the factory default

heres a screenshot of it in defualt.

heres a screenshot at max
its only at 810 not even the mhz that it's default should be

I tried using safe mode but it didnt return to 805mhz default

When i see my gpu-z the OpenCL, Cuda and physX is disabled. but when it was working fine. all boxes were checed

heres a screenshot

Kindly help me. Tnx ROG
11 REPLIES 11

Gman257
Level 10
What type of Motherboard you have?
Silverstone RAVEN RV02B-EW
Intel 4770K
Maximus VI Impact-Motherboard
Corsair 240AIR
Kingston HyperBeast 2400Mhz 8GB-Menmory
Seasonic 1000w Platinum
Samsung PRO SSD 256GB x 2
Corsair SP2500
ASUS MARS GTX 760x2
ASUS VE258Q
PrecisionHD Cam.
CORSAIR K95 RGB
Corsair K65 RGB

First of all try and update your drivers since you are using very very very old drivers, second shut down your pc ad try and put your GPU in safe mode (button on back) and use recovery mode to bring back default bios.

Blackcurrent93 wrote:
First of all try and update your drivers since you are using very very very old drivers, second shut down your pc ad try and put your GPU in safe mode (button on back) and use recovery mode to bring back default bios.

Yep i tried installing newer updates and even flashed the bios of the card. but still defualt @ 405mhz

Gman257 wrote:
What type of Motherboard you have?

i am using P8P67_PRO when this happened. and i tried tried to put it on MSI 785g-e53 but still the same

lenehan
Level 10
Sorry for you that it appear your card need to RMA. You have done all the test and help from fellow member here.
Change is the law of life. And those who look only to the past or present are certain to miss the future.

lenehan wrote:
Sorry for you that it appear your card need to RMA. You have done all the test and help from fellow member here.

ok tnx sir. can i use this thread to support my RMA demand? just in case they wont accept it

ezracool11 wrote:
ok tnx sir. can i use this thread to support my RMA demand? just in case they wont accept it

No one who works for ASUS (apart from myself) has replied to this thread, so no sorry. And even so we cannot over-ride local teams. Please contact your local service department for advise.

Please uninstall all Nvidia drivers first and then install the very latest version. Also use the latest version of GPU Tweak (again, uninstalling the old one first). The Matrix 580 is known to have throttling issues with some sub-300 Nvidia drivers. If you have not installed PhysX drivers as part of the standard Nvidia package they won't appear either.

If still no joy, uninstall GPU tweak, restart and then check Nvidia Control Panel directly to see what the clock speeds are reported there.

MarshallR@ASUS wrote:
No one who works for ASUS (apart from myself) has replied to this thread, so no sorry. And even so we cannot over-ride local teams. Please contact your local service department for advise.

Please uninstall all Nvidia drivers first and then install the very latest version. Also use the latest version of GPU Tweak (again, uninstalling the old one first). The Matrix 580 is known to have throttling issues with some sub-300 Nvidia drivers. If you have not installed PhysX drivers as part of the standard Nvidia package they won't appear either.

If still no joy, uninstall GPU tweak, restart and then check Nvidia Control Panel directly to see what the clock speeds are reported there.

I Did these things and well the box were checked but the default mhz is still clocked at 405mhz
The GPU tweak is not installed here.
heres a screenshot

Heres a screeenshot of Nvidia system information

Can I still RMA this card?

Holy
Level 7
i think you should. but that's up to you.
G75vw DS71
3610QM I7
16GB Ram 1600mhz
750GB+120GB(patriot pyro)
Nvidia gtx 660m
Purple Keyboard mod
Proud Owner of a GTX 660ti DC-II