cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

gtx 580 matrix hot in sli...

Retired
Not applicable
i cant change the fan speeds, i hear no noise difference. i noticed one of my gpus reached 90c while playing crysis 2 at ultra settings at 1080p. my other gpu never reached past 62c. ive tried changing the fan speed in msi afterburner but it wont let me. ive tried changing the fan with asus tweak but i cant hear any difference. it cant be a faulty gpu bc temps in black ops for my hot gpu never reach over 61c. how can i change the fan speed to 100%?
7 REPLIES 7

xeromist
Do you have the latest drivers? Sometimes there will be a driver bug preventing fan speed adjustment.
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

Retired
Not applicable
in gpu tweak there is a manual and auto function. you can put the slider all the way to 100% if you'd like, or you canpress the 100% fan speed button directly on the gpu.

Retired
Not applicable
I am running into this issue too, however to be 100% accurate, my fan speed does not register in Afterburner or the Windows 7 GPU Gadget hat I use for this card. I have a GTX 580 Matrix as the primary card in SLI (Fan Speed is NOT detected or controllable in Afterburner) and I have a second GTX 580 DirectCUII as the second card. (Fan speed shows up in Gadget and can be controlled with Afterburner.)

Retired
Not applicable
have you tried using the latest GPU Tweak?

DarkStalker980x
Level 7
rfowler30 ... What FPS are you getting with thoughs in SLI?
CoolerMaster HAF-X
Intel i7 980x OC
Corsair H100 CPU Liquid Cooler

Gigabyte G1 Assassin
Enermax MaxRevo 1500w PSU
Corsair Dominator GT 3x2GB 1866Mhz
Corsair Vertex 3 MAX IOPS 2X240GB Raid0 SSD
POV/TGT GTX590 Ultra Charged QUAD SLI
Creative Sound Blaster X-FI 20K2
Bluray Drive
Windows 7 Ultimate 64-Bit
Acer G24 1920x1200
Razer Keyboard & Mouse
Logitech Z-5500

Ferosin
Level 9
Looks like you tried Asus tweak, was it the latest version though? Try uninstalling the GPU that only reaches 62C and running the 90C one by itself and seeing how it does?

If that gets the fan working right or lowers the temp then put the one that runs cool in the second gpu slot and try sli.

Area_66
Level 11
I wonder on witch motherboard he run 2 580 matrix in SLI ?