cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

gtx 1080Ti idle temp 56c

Gofran
Level 8
Hello

so when on idle mine gpu goes fast to 56c this only began after few days of the latest update 390.77
windows 10 is on clean install first i thought it was a driver issue but i think its not now everything is on default
165hz
gsyng
2417DG Dell

Hardwa acc is off
before al this it was under 50c
19 REPLIES 19

Fletcher
Level 7
You're not running idle according to your other graphs.

Gofran
Level 8
the only thing what whas open at that time was google chrome wit only one page

Gofran wrote:
the only thing what whas open at that time was google chrome wit only one page

Sure, but the GPU isn't idle though. The graph on the left is clearly showing that.

Start these checks:

Check your windows power settings and set it to 'Balanced' if it already isn't.

Check your NVidia Control Panel under 'Manage 3D settings' and set that to "Optimal' if that already isn't.

F0x135 wrote:
Sure, but the GPU isn't idle though. The graph on the left is clearly showing that.

Start these checks:

Check your windows power settings and set it to 'Balanced' if it already isn't.

Check your NVidia Control Panel under 'Manage 3D settings' and set that to "Optimal' if that already isn't.

its already on that

Silent_Scone
Super Moderator
As above, the GPU is in a higher power state and running at 1400Mhz which is far from idle. A handy feature from the Windows 10 Creators update, is that now from within Task Manager you can monitor which process is loading the GPU.
13900KS / 8000 CAS36 / ROG APEX Z790 / ROG TUF RTX 4090

Gofran
Level 8
F0x135 i already checked those and uninstalled the drivers and back again
i left mine pc off now its on 30c the only thing now that is on gpu engine is desktoptask and runtime proces

georgiadoesmith
Level 7
May or may not be related but I've read that running your monitor at 165hz places some load on your GPU. Try lowering it if possible.

Gofran
Level 8
i just got it fixt just needed to shutdown fully the pc now its back to normal thanks for all the support

Gofran
Level 8
and mine issue is back again what could it be 72111