cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GTX 1060 STRIX 6gb idle mode

reEvo
Level 7
Hello guys, so i got problem with my GTX 1060 not entering idle mode. I did set the power management to optimal (tried even adaptive) in my nvidia control panel but the card always run at full clock speed also at temperature of 50-60C and its basically doing nothing. I used newest drivers, even tried to uninstall them with DDU and install older ones but still no luck. Only time when it went to idle was after uninstallation of the newest drive and installation of the older ones but right after restart it went to full speed again. I dont know what am i missing. I have windows 10. Any ideas what could i try? The card has some coil whine when it runs at full speed and it drives me crazy, when im just working in windows.

Thank you
5 REPLIES 5

ottoyu34
Level 9
How many monitors do you have connected? Try connecting just one monitor.

ottoyu34 wrote:
How many monitors do you have connected? Try connecting just one monitor.

Sadly i have only one monitor and its running at 60hz.

ottoyu34
Level 9
Install any GPU utility or even GPU-Z

Report back with what clock speeds and fans speed it is running at.

guys thank you for trying to help me, i feel like utter moron. Solved it, i found out that despite my OS was newly installed i got some bitcoin miner running in background and it was sucking my GPU so it was basicaly running at 75% all the time. I got rid of it and now it clock down when idle. Thanks again.