cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GPUTweak2 freeze

max1234
Level 7
Hello all,

After I installed GPUTweak2 (not made any changes in the settings) the PC started acting weird: When I move the mouse, press the Start button or try to open an application, it takes very long before the PC responds (it almost freezes). Restarting the PC solves the problem but, after a while the same thing happens again. When I remove the program the PC works fine. Any suggestions?

My setup:
Asus Maximus IX Formula
Intel Core I7 7700K
32 GB Corsair Vengeance
Samsung 960 PRO 512GB
Asus ROG-STRIX-GTX1080TI-O11G-GAMING
8 REPLIES 8

Do a search and you'll see this is a feature carried over from previous versions. The solution is to use Afterburner which has many crucial features that Tweak doesn't have.

Chino wrote:
Are you using the latest version of GPU Tweak II?

Yes, I'm using the latest version (1.4.5.4)

https://www.asus.com/us/Graphics-Cards/ROG-STRIX-GTX1080TI-O11G-GAMING/HelpDesk_Download/

Fletcher wrote:
Do a search and you'll see this is a feature carried over from previous versions. The solution is to use Afterburner which has many crucial features that Tweak doesn't have.

True, Afterburner is a nice application but, sometimes I like to change the profile to silent or OC mode, that is just one click in GPUTweak.

Chino
Level 15

Chino wrote:
What version Windows are you using? And do you have AI Suite or any other monitoring utility installed?

Windows 10 Pro 64bit and I'm using latest version of AI Suite.

Chino wrote:
How about other utilities like Corsair Link, etc...?

No other monitoring utilities.

About a week ago a new version of GPUTweakII (1.4.6.6) was released. it looks like in this version the issue has been solved.