cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GOP UEFI BIOS Available for ASUS GeForce GTX 680 Series Graphics Cards

X-ROG
Level 15
Hi All,

Here's the first app we're rolling out: currently it's for all ASUS GTX 680 owners. Simply download and run the executable to upgrade your VGA BIOS to GOP UEFI ready that will allow you to use Win 8 Fast Boot with a compatible UEFI motherboard.

Please carefully note the limitations first
* This is a preliminary roll-out to check our automated software. There should be no issues with the update, it's just a scripted NVFlash. Further cards will be supported soon. GTX 680 owners please help to report back if it's all successful.
* All and only ASUS GeForce GTX 680s are supported with this particular tool (the software checks against pre-loaded ROMs)

This bit is critical:
* You will be UNABLE to flash back to the original legacy-only BIOS. HOWEVER, the new GOP UEFI BIOS is actually a Hybrid BIOS. It includes the legacy one as well as the UEFI one. But...
* We are only able to qualify its use ASUS motherboards: that includes those with UEFI BIOS' and those with older legacy BIOS' (we've checked on boards up to ~4 years ago). Other motherboards might work with our UEFI graphics cards but we cannot officially endorse compatibility as we don't have access to all BIOS and board revisions. I'm willing to keep a list on here if users really want to test non-ASUS boards.
* (If you intend to sell-on your card to fund a future upgrade, since you can't flash back, remember this decision affects the next person you sell to)

FAQ:

Do you need this GOP UEFI update?
If you want to use Win 8 Fast Boot, then yet, otherwise no. Do not upgrade if you don't need to. (If it works, don't fix it ;))

What factors do you need to get Win 8 Fast Boot running?
Only these motherboards listed below support Win 8 Fast Boot, due to a major, ground-up re-write to make the UEFI spec compatible with the Win function (this doesn't just affect ASUS motherboards FYI).

- All Intel 7 Series
- Upcoming Intel 8 Series
- Intel X79 Series updated to Win8 BIOS (3xxx)
- Intel H61 Series R2.0 or later
- All AMD R2.0 Series or later

Despite others being 'UEFI' boards (P67, Z68 etc) they are not compatible with Win 8 Fast Boot even after you update to GOP UEFI on your graphics card.

So, it's a Hybrid BIOS? Does that mean if I plan to upgrade my motherboard and OS to Win 8 later I can still update my GPU BIOS now?
As long as you own an ASUS board, sure. Upgrading the GPU now in preparation will still allow it to fall-back to legacy mode on your ASUS motherboard for the time being. You should see no change in the way it functions or performs. We still encourage the 'if it's not broke, don't fix it' though. 😉

If you have read all the disclaimers and everything's still good-to-go, download it here: ASUS Webstorage

EDIT:

To check if the BIOS update has been completed successfully, please use GPU Tweak to check if it's one of these BIOS versions:

V80.04.09.00.AS11
V80.04.09.00.AS10
V80.04.09.00.AS09
V80.04.09.00.AS08
V80.04.09.00.AS07
V80.04.47.00.AS08
V80.04.47.00.AS10
V80.04.47.00.AS11
V80.04.47.00.AS09
V80.04.5B.00.AS12
46 REPLIES 46

I bought and installed today GTX680-DC2T-2GD5 and looking GPU Tweak I seem to have available all the bios' latest version or not?
Otherwise you can reload the software for the 'update because the link in the main post is no longer.
Thank you.

Nodens
Level 16
Freudenberger wrote:
correct all application. I Used 3D Mark, Tomb Raider, Crysis, Heaven Benchmark --> get irql_not_less_or_equal bluescreen.

if i switch back to legacy mode it will work.

I reinstalled the whole system with a fresh windows 8 installation and with the newest nvidia driver.

Could you upload a couple of minidumps from those stop errors and pm me a link to check them out? That specific error is usually driver or hardware failure related..
RAMPAGE Windows 8/7 UEFI Installation Guide - Patched OROM for TRIM in RAID - Patched UEFI GOP Updater Tool - ASUS OEM License Restorer
There are 10 types of people in the world. Those who understand binary and those who don't!

RealBench Developer.

Smashing_CD
Level 7
Hello

the link for update is broken !!?

Is there a new link I get a cant find the shared page when I try to get the updater. I currently run Windows 7 on a Maximus IV Extreme and would like to boot in UEFI instead of legacy for my GTX680 card I just bought.

Nodens
Level 16
mikelmc wrote:
Is there a new link I get a cant find the shared page when I try to get the updater. I currently run Windows 7 on a Maximus IV Extreme and would like to boot in UEFI instead of legacy for my GTX680 card I just bought.

There's only 1 link and I just tested it. It works fine: https://www.asuswebstorage.com/navigate/s/35273FB6ECD842949CCBEEAD490EED94Y
RAMPAGE Windows 8/7 UEFI Installation Guide - Patched OROM for TRIM in RAID - Patched UEFI GOP Updater Tool - ASUS OEM License Restorer
There are 10 types of people in the world. Those who understand binary and those who don't!

RealBench Developer.

Daskful
Level 7
Is there a list of the future cards that will receive the UEFI GOP update? Or will all Asus 6XX cards going to get it eventually?

Daskful wrote:
Is there a list of the future cards that will receive the UEFI GOP update? Or will all Asus 6XX cards going to get it eventually?

As far as I know, all ASUS 6XX cards will be receiving the UEFI GOP update.