cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

faulty 1080ti turbo?

Shalloe
Level 7
Hi

Recently upgraded my systems with a 1080ti turbo 11gb from asus in a Asus Crosshair Hero VII mobo with a Ryzen 7 2700x and and 16gb of Ram and have been unable to get the graphics card to work. Alls fine when installed powers on everything installs and loads into windows 10 fresh install. Problems start as soon as any Nvidia drivers are installed for the card. Tried all the drivers i have found so far but nothing helps as soon as the drivers are installed the system is terrible. Cant stream a single video feed without audio blips and lag whenever anything is done on the pc. Run some pretty old games and they run fine high fps but the freezing and audio blip is still there. As soon as the drivers for the graphics cards are removed then the problem goes away again. can stream on windows default driver clear audio no stuttering or any issues.

I have tried all i can now and was wondering if the issue is maybe a fault in the hardware or hoping anyone has any idea's. I have had to remove the 1080ti for time being stuck my old R9 280 into the systems and can actually use it to stream and game now but obviously i want to upgrade and with nvidia 1080ti being the best option there, is this a compatailibty issues with the crosshair hero vii and 1080ti's in general or have i been unlucky here?
41 REPLIES 41

jpmboy
Level 9
disable HPET as follows:

OPen an admin cmnd prompt or admin powershell,
type/copy/paste the following:

bcdedit /set useplatformclock false

you can then enable it if you choose with the same command, replace "false" with "true".

Shalloe
Level 7
Im running a 650w psu OCZzs650w with only motherboard, graphics card and solo hard drive plugged in everything else removed all case fans unpluged and case usb/audio connections unplugged. About the power on the crosshair 7 hero i have the 2 Eatx plugs the 4 pin and 8 pin, the manual shows to use the 8 pin or both. I have just the 8 pin connected but it dont say anything in the manual about which to use. Should i be looking at getting a new PSU with both connectors?

Shalloe wrote:
Im running a 650w psu OCZzs650w with only motherboard, graphics card and solo hard drive plugged in everything else removed all case fans unpluged and case usb/audio connections unplugged. About the power on the crosshair 7 hero i have the 2 Eatx plugs the 4 pin and 8 pin, the manual shows to use the 8 pin or both. I have just the 8 pin connected but it dont say anything in the manual about which to use. Should i be looking at getting a new PSU with both connectors?

You could borrow from someone powerful PSU(750-850W) to see if it will help with both motherboard connections used.

Shalloe
Level 7
Just see that this card isnt on the device qvl for my motherboard the Asus Crosshair 7 hero. Seems like the only asus graphics card that isn't. how do the make them lists? Is it likely to be missing because of problems with it running smothly on the motherboard or just because its not been tested? I did check it too most of misread it at the time. Will send it back and switch it for a strix i think. probably should of went with that in the first place with this motherboard.

jpmboy
Level 9
yeah, you would benefit from a PSU with 2 EPS 8 pin connectors... but I'm tellin ya, try disabling the HPET, it is/has been known to create the exact same problem in some games. HPET is no longer a bios thing, it is set by Windows.

Quozzo
Level 7
If upgrading from a previous card then you might have that driver still installed. Run DDU (display driver uninstaller) in safe mode, restart the PC, install nvidia driver, restart PC, then run a game.

Shalloe
Level 7
sorry jmpboy forgot to say i tried and had no luck unfortunatly. the problem isn't just in game it happens on the desktop too.

Quozzo - always been installing on fresh installs of windows and using DDU if i remove drivers to try different

MikeAdu
Level 9
So,we came to conclusion that TURBO is not suitable for motherboard.If you will take Strix OC,you will spend more than on Turbo,but your card will be cooler and can be upgraded to water cooler easy.Turbo are very hot and hard to find good water block.Please note that Strix is bigger card,it needs 2,5 slot space.Basically you will use 3 slot space.

My PSU is EVGA G2 750
Motherboard is Gigabyte H270N-WIFI

I have tried disabling HPET, I'll let you know how that goes.

Which 1080ti turbo card is it? As i run the strix 1080ti oc edition and i was having loads of issues to get gpu to run properly and in the end i found that the issue was geforce experiance and 3d vision software was the issue. So did custom install for just driver and sound driver and then the card was able to run at full speed and was able to overclock it. Before i sorted it i could not get above 1800mhz in clock speed once sorted software out i can now clock to 2068mhz with room to go higher.