cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dual TUF RTX3090 24OCs on Crosshair VIII HERO

hankieroseman
Level 8
Any experienced users in here? Upgrading to Seagate FireCuda 530 NVMes, RAID0 and adding another GPU. AMD RYZEN9 5950X for Air-Cooled Flight Sim.
94767
658 Views
9 REPLIES 9

ahfoo
Level 13
What I look as if the PSU of 1200W able to support dual 3090. And I believed the Noctua D15 should be able to handle the CPU heat dissipation of the heat of the CPU. Al little tight space for your Corsair casing though maybe a 7000 series suit better.

ahfoo wrote:
What I look as if the PSU of 1200W able to support dual 3090. And I believed the Noctua D15 should be able to handle the CPU heat dissipation of the heat of the CPU. Al little tight space for your Corsair casing though maybe a 7000 series suit better.


Estimated wattage 1069W per PC Parts Picker. Haven't found a better case, yet. Liked LIAN-LI 011 Air but lacks CPU Cooler clearance. Considered Rosewill Thor but lacks forward fans. Corsair case modified with 140 MM side fan and considering a second. Yes, it will heat up the computer room in winter.

hankieroseman wrote:
Estimated wattage 1069W per PC Parts Picker. Haven't found a better case, yet. Liked LIAN-LI 011 Air but lacks CPU Cooler clearance. Considered Rosewill Thor but lacks forward fans. Corsair case modified with 140 MM side fan and considering a second. Yes, it will heat up the computer room in winter.


You need some head room for the PSU. Case intake air as long it a positive airflow will be able to do the job. As for case preferences it up too your personal taste in term of the look.

hankieroseman wrote:
Estimated wattage 1069W per PC Parts Picker.


That's cutting it very close, particularly with nVidia's massive transient power spikes (see Gamers Nexus video from a few months ago). You may be ok, just, depending on just how good that PSU is, but it's really pushing things. Short version of it is the nVidia spikes may trip the PSU's overcurrent or undervoltage protection, despite appearing to be below the nominal power level, if the spikes are bigger than the PSU's smoothing capacitors can handle, roughly (they spike to more than double their nominal power sometimes).

I think I'd probably move to a bigger case for that build, to be honest, to get more air for the PSU and GPUs to breathe. It's going to be fairly tight with them all in there, could get quite toasty inside under load. You've kinda got triple front fans there, if I count the one on the bottom front, but a nice wall of 3 fans vertically on the front would be probably do a much better job at preventing things like the lower GPU's heat getting pulled through the upper GPU.

Downloaded Sim, 166GB and flew with keyboard. PSU is like "Is this all you got?"
94831

Run this Hot!

94832

Initial testing is positive and NO stuttering, lag or freeze ups. Maybe 1200 Watts is plenty?
94836

94837

hankieroseman wrote:
Initial testing is positive and NO stuttering, lag or freeze ups. Maybe 1200 Watts is plenty?
94836

94837


What the name of the sim?

Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020, Asobo and Blackshark.ai are the developers. F-35 JSF from IndiaFoxtEcho:cool:

hankieroseman wrote:
Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020, Asobo and Blackshark.ai are the developers. F-35 JSF from IndiaFoxtEcho:cool:


Thank you mate.