cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dual GTX1060 O6G fan issue

Eyemfumi
Level 7
I've only had this card for less than a week. Got it last Wednesday. The first few days it was fine and a very satisfying buy for me. Until 2 days ago when one of the fan on the card (the one closer to the i/o panel) would suddenly start spinning at 3000rpm regardless of the temperature. Once it starts going at 3000 rpm, it will stay that way until I shut it down or if I push the card up a little.

GPU tweak 2 does control both fans but once that fan goes 3000 rpm, it becomes uncontrollable while the other one does remain in control.

Does anyone else have similar issue or maybe a solution?
I temperory disconnected the fan with issue but it doesnt feel like its cooling the card efficiently with just 1 fan when on load.

edit: all drivers, bios are the most updated version.
3 REPLIES 3

FuryA
Level 8
hi, E

Make Sure the version is matched
BIOS is updating to 2017/03/23 released BIOS
and install 381.65 WHQL latest driver and GPU TweakII 1.4.4.8
plus change different platform / reinstall new OS for troubleshooting

Thanks for the reply. I made sure everything is up to date. The only thing I haven't tried is on a different OS.
I actually disconnected the fan and reconnect the power connector. Then it's now running as intended with full fan control. Hopefully it doesn't go crazy again in a couple days.

Eyemfumi wrote:
Thanks for the reply. I made sure everything is up to date. The only thing I haven't tried is on a different OS.
I actually disconnected the fan and reconnect the power connector. Then it's now running as intended with full fan control. Hopefully it doesn't go crazy again in a couple days.

hi, E if this still happen, please try to test on the different OS/platform
make sure that is not HW problem:)