cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bios won't display with rog strix oc 4090 to 4k monitor

mjcelli
Level 7
Hello:

I've read much online about the RTX 40xx series graphic cards not displaying the BIOS screen during startup.

I'm having a similar problem that I can't seem to solve.

So far I've updated the ASUS Mobo Bios, Updated the Intel ME, Installed all of the latest Nvidia Graphics Drivers,
and performed the Nvidia "FIX" that supposedly solves the blank display problem during startup.

However, none of the above solved the blank screen issue during bootup on my 4K monitor using display port or HDMI.

The BIOS will display on an HD monitor using display port just fine.

I can't think of much more to do regarding this issue and was looking for additional suggestions from the community.

Thanks in advance for any input !

System Specs:
ASUS ROG Maximus Z790 Extreme
ROG Strix OC RTX 4090
TUF VG28UQL1A 4K Gaming Monitor
G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series 32GB (2 x 16GB)
Samsung - 980 PRO 2TB Internal Gaming SSD PCIe Gen 4 x4 NVMe
CORSAIR - HXi Series HX1000i 80 PLUS Platinum Power Supply
7 REPLIES 7

Apollo_AsPy
Level 7

theShiZa
Level 7

theShiZa
Level 7

cepul
Level 7

Do u have latest update on the issue? i have the same issue

Have you changed the boot mode to  Legacy/CSM? Find within Boot Menu on the UEFI.

13900KS / 8000 CAS36 / ROG APEX Z790 / ROG TUF RTX 4090

Yes I have.. and it manage to boot ..but i dont have to change when i'm using HDMI...Besides, my OS is uefi based

Jane_Doe
Level 7

I have a similar problem. When I use uefi bios the splash screen is shown as a black screen and after a few seconds the Windows logo appears and Windows loads. I can normally enter the uefi bios by pressing the Del key. Windows works normally and I have no problems. I can solve the problem by turning on the CSM option, but then I lose the ability to use the resizable bar.

Is it just a glitch, because I can live without it. And is this problem serious?

My card is TUF RTX 3060ti GDDR6X