cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Awesome warranty results for my GTX 970 Strix OC, what to do now ?

Tom227
Level 7
Hi again.

Maybe this time my thread wont be ignored. So I have my Asus 970 Strix OC, from the beginning the card had coil buzzing, not just coil whine but coil buzzing under load and even with 60 fps. I maybe could live with that but Asus advertises this card with this line "Choke concrete cores eliminate buzzing sound under full load while capacitors assure a 50,000-hour lifespan: equivalent to 2.5 times longer than traditional capacitors." So is it buzz free ? No its not.

Apart from that I also have a problem with fans doing weird sound you could hear in this recording http://picosong.com/8TPV/ on which I did a test changing fan speeds from off to around 40-50% and this fan buzzing or whatever it is can be clearly heard.

Last thing my card had constant driver crashing in gaming and also the first second I tried to run test with programs like Furmark or 3dmark.

So OK, I have sent it to warranty, I wanted to send it directly to Asus but I got info from your company I need to send it to shop I bought it. So i send the card to them, they send the card to their distributor and ONE month after that I receive my card back with Asus claiming it was "REPAIRED".

I got the card today put it in my pc what do I hear ? Coils are still buzzing, fans are still making same vibrating sound, only thing that got fixed is driver crashes. I didnt get any info from shop I bought what was exactly done to the card only that it was "fixed" and shop said they included my problem discription which is longer version of what I wrote here.

I am really dissapointed and quite pissed, I though I bought high end card and wont be treated like that. I have a strong feeling Asus service didnt even bother to check all problems I wrote about and only solved driver crashed because it was obvious.

So what am I to do now ? Start warranty process from beginning and wait another month for my card because Asus doesnt let me send it directly to service center and forces me to do it through shop I bought ? And what warranty do I have that this time someone will bother to check the card for other problems and fix it or replace the card ?
7 REPLIES 7

DefiantReaper
Level 7
Yes problems with asus rma are a major thing. I currently have my gtx 980Ti poseidon out on warranty.
Sometimes it takes several times to actually get a new one one. They usually don't fix anything. So far my card has been under "repair" for around 9 days with no updates.
You need to ship it to the indiana facility and fill out a form.

Tom227
Level 7
DefiantReaper at least it takes a while and maybe they are actually REPAIRING something ?

In my case I was without the card for almost ONE month and from that month of time it was with ASUS only for TWO days and that is because Asus forces me to send the card to shop not directly to them. In my case the problem is that I live in Poland so you know Indiana is a no go 🙂

DefiantReaper
Level 7
Then u are very fortunate. Asus rma is the WORST in the states. How old is your gpu?

Tom227
Level 7
I bought it a little over 4 months ago and used it for 3 since last month was RMA

Tom227
Level 7
Asus Poland doesnt want to help me with giving a way to send it directly to them what is WORSE that they admited that in RMA description distributor send them they got information about "fan sounds" but I dont know, they didnt check, they think this is normal or what ?

Please tell me in what universe this http://picosong.com/8TPV/ is a normal sound that a trained technician can overlook ?

Arne_Saknussemm
Level 40
That is weird....sounds like it wants to be a whale or is contacting the mother ship...

Definitely not normal and a valid RMA.

Sorry you have had a hard time but you're best bet is just to return the card but make sure you escalate a complaint to someone in the company that sold it to you that can make things happen properly...

Tom227
Level 7
Arne the sound isnt always like in this recording. In it I was switching between fan off and fan 40-50% because this sound is most apparent when you switch between fan off and fan on some speed like this 40%. When the fan is on lets say 50% the sound is of course still there but is more in the background. Well anyway its there and I cant imagine why Asus didnt find it. do something about it.

Also Asus is advertising their cards as buzz free because of high quality caps and Asus Poland support also claims its normal under high load ? But why do i have it even at lower loads and why MSI 970 card i tried was free from this FEATURE ? Did I buy a card with high quality caps that ensure no buzzing is present or not ? If manufacturer advertises their product saying its so great that its buzz free then why support from same manufacturer claims its normal ?