cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ASUS TUF OC RTX 4070 ti, red light always on.

Jamm-Hott
Level 9
Hi, I have the ASUS TUF OC RTX 4070 ti and using the cable that came in the box and plug that into 2 separate PCIe cables that go to my EVGA Supernova 850G+ PSU (it doesn't have 16 pin native). When it's on or off the red light is always on and i checked the cables and they are 100% inserted. Doesn't mater what state my PC is in the red light is on constantly despite the card working 100% correctly in all games i play and even boosts over 2900mhz. Is this normal or something to worry about?

Picture of the red light on.
11 REPLIES 11

BenchAndGames
Level 10
Did you tried the other bios ? Maybe it is some issue on the default bios, change the switch bios and check if still on

BenchAndGames wrote:
Did you tried the other bios ? Maybe it is some issue on the default bios, change the switch bios and check if still on

Tried that and it didn't resolve it.

Silent_Scone
Super Moderator
Hello,

When using the provided adapter, the power indicator LED should turn off when the system is powered on.

If it remains lit when the system is powered on, it may indicate an issue with the connection or cable. See below thread for info:

https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?132009-ROG-RTX-4070-Ti-led
13900KS / 8000 CAS36 / ROG APEX Z790 / ROG TUF RTX 4090

Silent_Scone@ROG wrote:
Hello,

When using the provided adapter, the power indicator LED should turn off when the system is powered on.

If it remains lit when the system is powered on, it may indicate an issue with the connection or cable. See below thread for info:

https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?132009-ROG-RTX-4070-Ti-led

Hi, my PSU and PCIe cables are fine, they work on my RTX 2080 ti & RTX 3070. This issue is only happening with the dual 8-pin PCIe to 16-pin power adapter. Unplugged it and reseated it about 5 times now and it doesn't change this behavior. When i push the cable all the way in i don't hear much of a snapping sound to let me know it's properly seated, and i have to push EXTREMELY hard for it to go all the way in which I'm totally not comfortable with....... Checked the pins and they are totally fine on the card and the connector itself. If i was to guess what it is i'd say it's the cable that came in the box. Everyone i see with this issue said it went away when they bought a 3rd party cable which is kinda disappointing considering how much the card cost in the first place.

Snqk3
Level 10

On this thread, the first answer from MasterC : 

New definition: the LED behavior with a 16-pin adaptor cable (splitter) is:
Red = System shutdown/hibernate/sleep
No LED effect = System on, connector inserted properly

Snqk3
Level 10

Oh, didn't see that's happening when system is on too. Did you plug one PSU cable on each adapter port (do not use one PSU supply on more than one port) ?

im having the same issue, my 4070ti is running like normal and does not seem to have any issues, however when the pc is powered on of powered off the red light is always on, all connectors are in properly and im useing separate pcie cables, along with the adaptor out of the box.  im not sure what the issue is at this point, and it doesnt seem that there are many fixes out there... 

rodea
Level 7

Im having this same issue. I plugged in all of the cables correctly, however the red light on the GPU is constantly on.

I am worried to play demanding games because I don't know if the graphics card is getting sufficient power.