cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ASUS TUF 4090 BIOS Question

zocker
Level 9
Today i updatet this Bios from NVIDIA itself.
https://videocardz.com/newz/nvidia-has-a-fix-for-geforce-rtx-4090-and-rtx-4080-blank-screen-issues

After that i went to the ASUS page.
https://www.asus.com/de/motherboards-components/graphics-cards/tuf-gaming/tuf-rtx4090-24g-gaming/hel...

And i saw there is a new BIOS too.
Should i update this now, or is it better to leave it on the actual NVIDIA BIOS?!
And what change the BIOS from the ASUS page?!
i7-13700K
TUF GAMING Z690-PLUS
ASUS TUF Gaming GeForce RTX 4090 24GB
Creative Sound BlasterX AE-5 Plus
32GB Corsair Vengeance CMK32GX5M2B5600C36
Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus 1TB (System)
Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus 2TB (Gaming)
17 REPLIES 17

Bmfr79 wrote:
I wonder if that BIOS will resolve Armory Crate not seeing my card at all. I’ve jumped through so many hoops and reinstalled windows multiple times and I still can’t control the RGB for my Strix 4090.*

I would post in the armoury crate section on that. Not sure. Â*
MZ790A Bios 2002, GSkill F5-8000J3848H16GX2-TZRK, 13900KS, EKWB D5 TBE 300, Seasonic Prime TX-1600 ATX 3.0, Asus Strix 4090 w/ Optimus block, Phanteks Enthoo Elite, Asus Claymore 2, Asus Gladius 3, Asus XG349C, Samsung 990, Windows 11 Pro

Been having an issue where I boot up my pc and get this issue where it looks like tearing I Guess?
I'm not really sure how to explain it well, But it only occurs in the Bios and before windows begins to boot. Only at the Press F2 stage anything during posting i believe. I have an Image and a 2 second video showcasing it however i couldn't figure out how to attach it.
For my PSU i got the corsair 1600i with the included adapter.
Honestly any input would be appreciated I don't even know what to search for this issue.

I'm new to this forum for the most part so if I need to edit anything i may have overlooked in the rules let me know please.

ToonToon12 wrote:
Been having an issue where I boot up my pc and get this issue where it looks like tearing I Guess?
I'm not really sure how to explain it well, But it only occurs in the Bios and before windows begins to boot. Only at the Press F2 stage anything during posting i believe. I have an Image and a 2 second video showcasing it however i couldn't figure out how to attach it.
For my PSU i got the corsair 1600i with the included adapter.
Honestly any input would be appreciated I don't even know what to search for this issue.

I'm new to this forum for the most part so if I need to edit anything i may have overlooked in the rules let me know please.

Hello,

Have you updated to the latest VBIOS? I've not experienced this with my TUF GPU, however, some users have voiced success by updating regarding this issue.
13900KS / 8000 CAS36 / ROG APEX Z790 / ROG TUF RTX 4090

Silent Scone@ROG wrote:
Hello,

Have you updated to the latest VBIOS? I've not experienced this with my TUF GPU, however, some users have voiced success by updating regarding this issue.

Yeah I updated to 2.1; I've noticed it only happens with Display Port though, HDMI 2.1 Works just fine however i am currently using an enitrely differant monitor now to avoid the issue.

ToonToon12 wrote:
Yeah I updated to 2.1; I've noticed it only happens with Display Port though, HDMI 2.1 Works just fine however i am currently using an enitrely differant monitor now to avoid the issue.

What monitor does the issue occur on?
13900KS / 8000 CAS36 / ROG APEX Z790 / ROG TUF RTX 4090

Silent_Scone@ROG wrote:

27GN950-B is the serial i believe it is a 4k LG 27 inch 144hz

Silent_Scone@ROG wrote:

Disabling the DP 1.4 DSC and swapping the monitor to DP 1.4 Seemed to solve the issue.

Bmfr79 wrote:
I wonder if that BIOS will resolve Armory Crate not seeing my card at all. I’ve jumped through so many hoops and reinstalled windows multiple times and I still can’t control the RGB for my Strix 4090.*
The best thing you can do with Armoury Crate is never let it install. The second best thing you can do is uninstall it. Armoury Crate is a borderline virus. Check out OpenRGB or Signal RGB. Both should be able to control the LEDs in your Asus 409 GPU.