cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ASUS strix 3060 OC 12GB - Blinking red lights about PCIE power

BryNeedsSleep
Level 7
Hi,

I am using a ASUS strix 3060 OC 12GB, with the 850W Thor. I used the PCIE braded power cables.

Not sure why the light is blinking and what is the cause.
Anyone have any official documentation on the blinking?

I saw some fixes that need to use GPU Tweak, but I want to know the cause.
11 REPLIES 11

daykeem
Level 7
Asus' cards don't come with any documentation that I could find. My 3080 came with basic installation instructions only.
Anyway, try using as many separate PCIE/VGA cables as is required from your PSU to the card; for example, if the card requires 3x8 PCIE/VGA connections, use 3 separate cables coming from your PSU to your card. In other words, don't use the pig tails that may be coming off of any one cable.
I only get the red light if one of the 3x8 connections on my card is missing. I also have a 850W PSU 80+ Gold.

Ribellu
Level 10
BryNeedsSleep wrote:
Hi,

I am using a ASUS strix 3060 OC 12GB, with the 850W Thor. I used the PCIE braded power cables.

Not sure why the light is blinking and what is the cause.
Anyone have any official documentation on the blinking?

I saw some fixes that need to use GPU Tweak, but I want to know the cause.

I had this problem for the first time after the last BIOS update of my Z690 HERO after some research, I found the solution, you just have to unplug the power cord for about 5 minutes, put it back and flashing red lights will be gone . (Asus Strix 3080Ti 12G-OC)

Super_Gnome
Level 11
Getting this now on a Strix 3090Ti. It was fine for a couple weeks and then suddenly the red light starting flashing today. I have no idea what the reason is. The PSU is a beefy Corsair 1600I.

Could the cable have suddenly come loose or something? Weird.

ahfoo
Level 13
To solve this issue, you just need to turn off the swtich of the power supply and unplug the power cord for a couple of minute. And insert back the power power cord, turn on the swtich and power up your system. That what I do for my system.

Edit: It always happen if have installed any Asus Tweak software.

Tommy_M
Level 10
I have had the same problem. Only have one monitor right now. When it is connected to the IGPU, the red light does not blink. Only if I have monter connected Strix RTX 3060. Tried most things in Bios but didn't help. But now I ran a Boot Overide in the bios and suddenly the light stopped flashing. Tried turning off the computer several times but now it seems to work. The hardware I have is brand new. Prime Z690-p WiFi (bios ver, 2002), Intel i-5 12600K, Nvida Strix 3060 oc 12Mb V2, psu, ROG 850W, monitor Asus TUF 23.8"
TM

Asus Prime Z690-P WiFi, Intel 12:e I5 12600K, 2x16Mb Kingston DDR5 5200Mhz, Rog Ruyjin II 360 ARGB, Rog-Strix-RTX3060-O12G-V2-GAMING, Asus Rog Strix Helios, Rog-Strix-850G, 2 x 1TB Samsung 980 Pro

I have just noticed the same problem on my Asus Rog Strix Ti RX 3060 8gb card. All i did was shut the computer down still had flashing red lights. I then turned the PSU off for for a couple of minutes then just powered up the computer good as gold, but i will keep a eye on it.

werkkrewsyko
Level 8

Having the same issue here. Asus ROG Strix 3070 OC 8GIG, I contacted Asus via chat and they said it was a power draw issue, I'm not entirely sold though. Still, I'm getting a new PSU to test this out.

I love how people say turning the option on GPU Tweak off or unplugging the PSU to be a solution. The problem is still there!

Things I haven't tried; reseating the GPU and disabling D.O.C.P. for my RAM. I'll keep you guys updated. 

werkkrewsyko
Level 8

UPDATE 1

I managed to reseat my GPU and disable D.O.C.P. in BIOS. I haven't managed to reproduce the problem since. I'll keep you updated if the blinking light comes back. 

Any updates on your solution ?