cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus Strix 1080ti OC stopped being noticed in AURA - Can no longer change RGB

Akruzhael
Level 8
So out of nowhere my GPU decided to just go AWOL in the RGB department and I'm not sure what happened, why or how to fix it so I thought I'd come here and ask others with the same GPU. Here's my full build: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/NJRJJV

One day I turned on my PC and my 1080ti was using the white LED (technically it is more like a light purple) and it stopped appearing in AURA so I couldn't change it any more. I decided to reinstall AURA, with no success. I also tried the GPU-only AURA which it said "Non-RGB". I've removed the GPU from the PC and also replugged in the two cables on the side of the GPU to see if they maybe were the cause and were loose. Still nothing has changed. The GPU runs fine, stays cool, fans work and everything. But the GPU still won't be detected in AURA so I can no longer change the colour back to what I had set.

Has anyone else experienced something similar or knows a way to fix this? I have no idea what happened or how I can get it to be noticed in AURA again. Thanks for the help!
13 REPLIES 13

xdlewisdx
Level 8
Akruzhael wrote:
So out of nowhere my GPU decided to just go AWOL in the RGB department and I'm not sure what happened, why or how to fix it so I thought I'd come here and ask others with the same GPU. Here's my full build: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/NJRJJV

One day I turned on my PC and my 1080ti was using the white LED (technically it is more like a light purple) and it stopped appearing in AURA so I couldn't change it any more. I decided to reinstall AURA, with no success. I also tried the GPU-only AURA which it said "Non-RGB". I've removed the GPU from the PC and also replugged in the two cables on the side of the GPU to see if they maybe were the cause and were loose. Still nothing has changed. The GPU runs fine, stays cool, fans work and everything. But the GPU still won't be detected in AURA so I can no longer change the colour back to what I had set.

Has anyone else experienced something similar or knows a way to fix this? I have no idea what happened or how I can get it to be noticed in AURA again. Thanks for the help!

Exact same problem, contacted asus support, no help there, after a few weeks of back and forth emails they just upgraded me to "ASUS Global Technical Support Department" which seems to be the can't be bothered to fix it so just ignore department, haven't gotten a rely in a few months, not happy

oh and Asus Strix GTX 1070 here. i have also seen some other thread around saying the same stuff but no fix. hell i've even tried installing windows on a new harddrive, also tried different driver versions, old aura software says "This system doesn't support LED function"

yeah even tried the different versions of aura service lightning does not budge 

cljustin
Level 8
I think the only fix is to have it sent in for repair.

Same here. Since a month ago I have the white light without possibility to change it, Aura gives me a "Non-Aura" error when I run it and in Asus they do not respond to any mail. The graph works correctly, only the color can not be changed. I tried to disassemble the pc, clean it, remove the battery, getting into the bios but I have not repair it.

cljustin wrote:
I think the only fix is to have it sent in for repair.

if someone has done this with success please let me know, but it would be a bit odd if different GPU makes (1070, 1080, 1080TI and even a 980 i think) has the same problems.

Seems like I am not the only one and it's a hassle to return... I've already returned 3 GPU in a row that crapped out and this was my fourth one, but at least it's just the RGB that's bad. Everything else is good. Not sure I want to go through another month or two of waiting to repair the RGB to be honest. I've spent months returning my other GPU already and was hoping this would be the last one I'd need and have no issues.

Akruzhael wrote:
Seems like I am not the only one and it's a hassle to return... I've already returned 3 GPU in a row that crapped out and this was my fourth one, but at least it's just the RGB that's bad. Everything else is good. Not sure I want to go through another month or two of waiting to repair the RGB to be honest. I've spent months returning my other GPU already and was hoping this would be the last one I'd need and have no issues.

Yes, my problem is RGB too, the GPU works perfectly and I do not think I change it just because of that, I bought the GPU in Alternate (Germany) and I'm from Spain. The bad thing about changing the GPU for another is waiting a month or more :\.

There is ongoing issue with Windows 10 Fall Creators Update.

Asus did not update Aura for it and it doesent work with newest windows release 1709 https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?96640-AURA-v1-05-25-Report-all-issues-in-this-thread/page5

If your windows recently updated to 1709 it might be this too. For me Aura stopped seeing my RAM and onboard leds. On old windows 1703 it works no problem.
Dargus Maximus
~Explorer ~Engineer ~Guide
My Youtube channel - PC modding, streaming, gaming

KeksimusMaximus wrote:
There is ongoing issue with Windows 10 Fall Creators Update.

Asus did not update Aura for it and it doesent work with newest windows release 1709 https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?96640-AURA-v1-05-25-Report-all-issues-in-this-thread/page5

If your windows recently updated to 1709 it might be this too. For me Aura stopped seeing my RAM and onboard leds. On old windows 1703 it works no problem.

That's good to know! I checked my windows version and I'm still on 1703. So I'm not sure if this is my issue but I wish it was!