cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ASUS STRIX-1070-O8G First Fan Randomly 100% While Gaming

007Jets
Level 7
Hey guys. I bought a ROG STRIX 1070 O.C. Edition last week .
Its performance is great! But I have a problem. My cards first fan spins like crazy when gaming and it happens randomly but it only happens when gaming. I did a Fan Curve with MSI Afterburner ( 20% SPEED when Temps < 60C , 40% SPEED Temps when > 60C ) but when first fan spins like crazy MSI Afterburner shows still 20% or %40 and RPM's are normal as well. I tried with GPU Tweak 2 and HWMonitor too but same issue happens 😞 I tried with Auto fan option too ( 0db fan) but first fan randomly spins like crazy and very loud while 2nd and 3rd fans are not spinning. So is this normal thing?

My GPU Temps are always below ~ 62C

GPU-Z Screenshot :
59576

MSI Afterburner Fan Speed screenshot when "Crazy Spin Happens" :

59577

Please help me. I love my graphics card and I'm afraid that my fans gonna break or something 😞
6,264 Views
5 REPLIES 5

FuryA
Level 8
007Jets wrote:
Hey guys. I bought a ROG STRIX 1070 O.C. Edition last week .
Its performance is great! But I have a problem. My cards first fan spins like crazy when gaming and it happens randomly but it only happens when gaming. I did a Fan Curve with MSI Afterburner ( 20% SPEED when Temps < 60C , 40% SPEED Temps when > 60C ) but when first fan spins like crazy MSI Afterburner shows still 20% or %40 and RPM's are normal as well. I tried with GPU Tweak 2 and HWMonitor too but same issue happens 😞 I tried with Auto fan option too ( 0db fan) but first fan randomly spins like crazy and very loud while 2nd and 3rd fans are not spinning. So is this normal thing?

My GPU Temps are always below ~ 62C

GPU-Z Screenshot :
59576

MSI Afterburner Fan Speed screenshot when "Crazy Spin Happens" :

59577

Please help me. I love my graphics card and I'm afraid that my fans gonna break or something 😞


hi 007 Jets , this is not normal circumstance
have you tried use different platform to do cross test / re install / operating system / drivers and so on
if the result is same, suggest you can RMA service to help you.

FuryA wrote:
hi 007 Jets , this is not normal circumstance
have you tried use different platform to do cross test / re install / operating system / drivers and so on
if the result is same, suggest you can RMA service to help you.


Hi ,

It's not happening since last week maybe the problem gone but I just wanna ask let's say it's happening twice a day. Is it bad for the card or the fans? I mean can it brake itself?

Nate152
Moderator
Hi 007Jets

No the fans or gpu won't break running the fans at maximum speed, you can install GPU Tweak II to control the fan speed if you wish.

I run my fans at 100% when playing games. 🙂

Mine does the same, 1st fan does RANDOM 100% spinning, driving me NUTS!

1070Phill wrote:
Mine does the same, 1st fan does RANDOM 100% spinning, driving me NUTS!


It's happening once or twice per day usually. I get used to it 😄 I don't know what's the problem.