cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus ROG Strix RTX 2080ti - Signs of going bad?

heeroyuy25
Level 7
Hi all,

so It's been happening to me so often now, I am currently playing division 2 and I've notice a lot of artifacting popping up on screen. sometimes it's little and sometimes is worse. I am using GPU tweak with the overclocking profile and gaming profile. I also tried not using it and I am still having artifacting. I am unsure if it's due to a driver update from nvidia or not. can anyone guide me on some steps I need to take to diagnose the problem? I tried playing other games and I dont see any artifacting. only the game divison 2 that I get that problem. I also get black screen on playing destiny or loading up games.

would it be best to RMA the card? or contact asus support first? I have this card for a year and 2 months now.
4 REPLIES 4

BigJohnny
Level 13
Try Afterburner instead. Im not a fan of GPU Tweak personally.
if it persits, roll back drivers.
If it still persists log a support ticket while its still under warranty.

BigJohnny wrote:
Try Afterburner instead. Im not a fan of GPU Tweak personally.
if it persits, roll back drivers.
If it still persists log a support ticket while its still under warranty.

Going from GPUTweak to Afteerburner is not a good idea for some because even when you uninstall GPUTweak and install Afterburner the GPU still runs constantly at the OC base frequency which can be either 1535, 1550 or 1580. Even Power saving features will not let it idle at 300Mhz. I had to reformat my PC to get Afterburner to work properly.

Sydneyblue
Level 7
Post video of what you are seeing. I just picked up a 2080ti strix non oc and i am using MSI afterburner only raising the temp/power limit to max just to make the clocks speeds more stable. I think your OC is un stable so i would run at stock

get DDU https://www.wagnardsoft.com/ then using it safemode uninstall your graphics drivers and reinstall the latest nvidia driver

check windows is not the cause through this method.
run as admin [powershell] (type into search bar, when you see it pop up, right click on it and run as admin)

sfc /scannnow

wait till complete
now run (still in powershell)

Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth

wait till complete

if either found and fix integrity errors or corruptions, reboot and then repeat both steps again. If you get into a loop greater than three times with finding and fixing errors than you have serious windows issue and need to consider windows reset or fresh install.

My ideas are to rule out other possible causes. The other thing to consider is your power supply, a black screen maybe sign it has issue not the graphics card or could be part of the issue with the graphics card.

Hope you find this of help.