cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ASUS ROG GTX1080Ti POSEIDON

Vlada011
Level 10
New ROG Graphic card.
GeForce GTX1080Ti Poseidon. Nicer than ever in cool color scheme Black/Silver.

ROG-POSEIDON-GTX1080TI-P11G-GAMING

44 REPLIES 44

jrees wrote:
I sent my card back to Newegg as I was within the return window and didn't want to wait for an answer from Asus support. Refund was issued by Newegg without issue and I went with an Evga Hydro Copper.

I emailed Asus support for an update as it had been over a week since I last heard from them and was told this: "As of this writing the Development and Research Team is still gathering reports from users that has been having the same issue with the actual unit that you have returned to Newegg, I am sad that the experience that you had with the unit was different from what the unit was intended for. If incase I receive any update I reach out to you and provide you with the update. "

Good luck to anybody who decides to buy this card. For the price, you'd think support would be better.

Sorry to hear about your experience, but I don't think you listed the issue with your original unit in details. If it's a stock shortage issue then there's nothing that can be done and if it's a software side issue then it will take time to code and test internally.

Bahz wrote:
Sorry to hear about your experience, but I don't think you listed the issue with your original unit in details. If it's a stock shortage issue then there's nothing that can be done and if it's a software side issue then it will take time to code and test internally.

The original unit's temps were through the roof and the GPU would throttle when it hit 90C at 50-60 percent load. Personally, I don't think the block was seated well against the GPU but I wasn't about to take it apart and see.

My buddy with his 1080ti strix was significantly cooler than my temps using water cooling.

abvolt
Level 11
I'll admit this is my first try with an Asus gpu but have owned many of their boards (ROG) over the years simply the best $ can buy. I'll post when I get one..enjoy
Current: MSI Xpower Gaming Titanium | 7700K | G Skill Ripjaws V 3000 16Gb | 960 EVO 500Gb | Intel 730 480Gb | Seasonic 1000 Platinum |
NZXT X62 | Acer XB270HU | EVGA 1080 ti FTW3

Secondary: R4BE | 4930K | G.SKILL 2400 16GB | Corsair AX 1500i
Intel 730 240GB + 480GB | EVGA GTX780 ti sli kpe | Custom H20

abvolt wrote:
I'll admit this is my first try with an Asus gpu but have owned many of their boards (ROG) over the years simply the best $ can buy. I'll post when I get one..enjoy

I had more ASUS graphic cards than all brands together.
This Poseidon is very interesting model. I would be very satisfied, but price is almost as TITAN Xp.
I don't know what will happen when AMD launch RX Vega, but I doubt they will influence on price of GTX1080Ti.

Off course you are satisified card is beast, I looked pictures on overclock.net.
Post pictures if you want. Strix is 850 euro I think. Highest price I payed for GPU ever was 755 euro.
When I saw price of GTX1080Ti 699$ I thought I will pay something similar to that price... 750-760-770..something like that.
But now GPU market look completely different in Europe.

Just a follow up. The Hydro Copper arrived and is in my system. The card idles at 32C (Poseidon was 39-40). When I OC this card and run a couple Furmarks it caps out at 39-40C. The previous card would shoot into the 80s damn near instantly and would throttle at 90C.

Very happy to say this card is working as advertised.

It's a shame the Poseidon was a disaster for me. It's a nice looking card, and ultimately I liked that it had a fan as well as it would make my life easier when I try to sell it in a year or two as the HydroCopper limits me to the water-only crowd.

Vlada011
Level 10
Nice if you are satisfied now.
I would like to know what happen on Air?
Now when I check results of RX Vega I will call to ask how much cost Poseidon in Serbia.
Because there is only 1-2 samples I think. Maybe price is not so bad...
But I would keep on Air 2-3 months.

Vlada011 wrote:
Nice if you are satisfied now.
I would like to know what happen on Air?
Now when I check results of RX Vega I will call to ask how much cost Poseidon in Serbia.
Because there is only 1-2 samples I think. Maybe price is not so bad...
But I would keep on Air 2-3 months.

Air was even worse.

jrees wrote:
Air was even worse.

Definitely specific to that card you had, all other reports indicate that the temps are much lower than what you reported under water.

jrees wrote:
Air was even worse.

Sounds like an issue with your sample in particular. I've spoken with a couple of users who've had good temps both on and off water.
13900KS / 8000 CAS36 / ROG APEX Z790 / ROG TUF RTX 4090

maximiza
Level 11
HIYA!!

just ordered 2, my first SLI since 7800GTX. if I have any problems I know where to go!!!!