cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

asus poseidon GTX 1080 Ti Water-cooled 65 degrees with fans on

marcelmaria
Level 7
Dear medeforum lovers.

I have been in possession of the asus poseidon GTX 1080Ti for a couple of weeks. The video card is water-cooled naturally: D The card will be max 65 degrees only the fans will also turn around. This does not seem to me if the video card is water-cooled seems to me. Is this normal or I have a broken card?
22,289 Views
32 REPLIES 32

marcelmaria
Level 7
Are there more people who suffer from this? And whether this is normal?

you are not alone. The same problem, only the temperature under 70. but, put the system unit on its side - the temperature dropped to 53 immediately

garry81 wrote:
you are not alone. The same problem, only the temperature under 70. but, put the system unit on its side - the temperature dropped to 53 immediately


That you also have this problem is this a reason for rma? or is it normal?

request to tech support wrote, keep silent for now

garry81 wrote:
request to tech support wrote, keep silent for now


Dear Garry

I will certainly do this for sure. Will I mention what has been said here? Because you also have this problem?

marcelmaria wrote:
Dear Garry

I will certainly do this for sure. Will I mention what has been said here? Because you also have this problem?


of course. why not?

Bill
Level 7
Hello marcelmaria
According to your description, do you mean that the fan will only start to spin if GPU temperature is above 65 degrees? Does it keeps spinning if the temp has dropped under 65 degrees? Any custom setup that you have applied to your card? Or is this all default settings? Thank you

Bill@ASUS wrote:
Hello marcelmaria
According to your description, do you mean that the fan will only start to spin if GPU temperature is above 65 degrees? Does it keeps spinning if the temp has dropped under 65 degrees? Any custom setup that you have applied to your card? Or is this all default settings? Thank you


The question is not on the topic of the work of fans, but on the topic "under water cooling the card heats up to 65 degrees"

Bill@ASUS wrote:
Hello marcelmaria
According to your description, do you mean that the fan will only start to spin if GPU temperature is above 65 degrees? Does it keeps spinning if the temp has dropped under 65 degrees? Any custom setup that you have applied to your card? Or is this all default settings? Thank you



The question is whether it's normal for fans to turn at 65 degrees on the video card watercooled. As Garry81 stated above.