cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

780Ti DC2OC Needs BIOS update ASAP! (fan speed)

1stcowgirl
Level 7
after a week going through anything i can find about the heat produced from the 780Ti DC2OC, ifound that the majority of owners are having the issue.
once the core reaches 80c, the vrm gets 95c-105c (depend on climate).
i would like asus to update the bios for this.
some say that these temps are not true cause of a misplace of the sensor, if that is true i would like to see an oficial statment from asus... (this kind of issues will make me change the brand next time and i bet to a lot of others).
only solution is to speed up the fan RPM.
i do this to keep VRM at 80c-88c :

I am updating this cause after some test this is the best configuraton i Found for default and for OC.

this is for the Default:

-
-
also works very good with a little OC:

ºi7-4790k, ºZ97-A, º4x4GB Ripjaws X 1600mhz, ºASUS GTX 780Ti OC [DC2OC] ºCorsair GS700, ºCM 690 IIIº LG E2241T ºWin 7 Ulti' SP1 x64
6 REPLIES 6

Kyuuba
Level 7
Dear Asus team, I'd like to join this request as it's been my only nightmare with my 780 ti as well, the temps are getting to the limit until the GPU starts throttlin specially when playing Battlefield 4 it always hits 83 º max, I haven't seen 84 º and my guessing is that GPU is trottling when hitting 83 º, I have big ass case Corsair Graphite 600T with 2 big boys cooling the entire system. The VRM sensor thing as previously said by the person above needs some statement so we can understand what's going on.
I would like to vote for this petition, I don't really care about noise as I am always playing video games with headphones, I've been looking for a started thread about this issue and finally here is the one.
I hope you guys consider this petition as I am guessing my card will last a year if the temperatures are going that bad time by time.

i gotta add (and this is the 1st time i ever say this):
due to these temps, i bought CM 690 III (with side Fan) + 200mm TT Side Fan + SCYTHE 120MM FAN 4250RPM + SCYTHE KAZE MASTER PRO Fan controller....

All that money just to place the 780Ti DC2OC in a friendly Enviorment... and to find out the iisue was not on my end.

SILLY ME
ºi7-4790k, ºZ97-A, º4x4GB Ripjaws X 1600mhz, ºASUS GTX 780Ti OC [DC2OC] ºCorsair GS700, ºCM 690 IIIº LG E2241T ºWin 7 Ulti' SP1 x64

I am updating this cause after some test this is the best configuraton i Found for default and for OC.

this is for the Default:

-
-
also works very good with a little OC:

Vlada011
Level 10
As I know ASUS always had most accurate sensors on best place and biggest number of sensors, on motherboards special but and ongraphic cards.
On others before you can read motherboard temps and you are calm because no sensor on important place, on ASUS boards you can read NB, SB,
Motherboard temps. Now maybe and other change that. It's weird how now is on wrong place or sensor problem.

1stcowgirl
Level 7
I believe the sensor is in the right place and the reading are accurate!
this temps are not cause of ASUS design (i believe), this is due to nVidias GTX 780Ti resources consumption.
i buy asus just cause of her REP in the community and the fine Quality build of her product.
i was pretty upset when i saw those temps but after digging a while i found that the majority of 780Ti showing those temps as well.
ASUS almost always put her sensors on so its easy to read but other brands dont install that VRM sensor so people dont really knows the temp (using device like a thermometer i have verified that those temps accuring in all brands)..
so i still belive we need a bios update.

Kyuuba
Level 7
We are not asking for a VRM clearance anymore, i am behind a Bios update with fan speeds increased to avoid my graphics card from hitting the limit 83º, what's the point using an aftermarket cooler when the temperature of the GPU is always hitting the max, making the GPU to throttle??