cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

4090 Strix BIOS update, changelog?

Sprayingmango
Level 10
Can someone from Asus please comment on what is different? I ran the bios update tool and it did something, but there is no actual changelog. I now have bios version 95.02.18.80.89
6 REPLIES 6

HadiNZ
Level 7
Sprayingmango wrote:
Can someone from Asus please comment on what is different? I ran the bios update tool and it did something, but there is no actual changelog. I now have bios version 95.02.18.80.89

It's funny, they have removed it from their website. No longer can download the Bios Update. I'm on the 95.02.18.00.5. Wondering why :confused::confused:

d5aqoep
Level 8
The only reason they release a new vBios is to fix the TUF 4090's causing PCs to reboot under idling or light browsing. The card does remain stable during gaming. It's the idling voltage drop the main issue they need to fix. Not all configurations are affected. But particular combos are Asus Z690 Motherboards and Asus TUF RTX 4090 cards (Both OC and non-OC).

Because they removed Bios Update file. Is it safe to use it with that updated bios?

HadiNZ
Level 7
There is a new Bios version 2.0 but no information on what's new!!!!! I', not dare to update yet 😄

HadiNZ wrote:
There is a new Bios version 2.0 but no information on what's new!!!!! I', not dare to update yet 😄

I saw that. What is also strange is that it says if you already have V1.0 you don't need 2.0. I tried to update it and it wouldn't allow me since I already flashed 1.0. I wish they would list what is different and if it's the same...then why is there a 2.0?? lol

two weeks ago I updated the bios - instead of ... 00 50 it became ... 00 51 and it became written in gpu-z power limit>default 500w instead of 450
Tried updating to bios v2 today, launched exe. file, wrote update is not required, but at the same time, the bios was changed to ... 80 88 and in gpu-z power limit>default became again 450w !!! what's happening?