cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3070 TI Strix Red Light

Sergiu1989
Level 8
Hello. I purchased a 3070 TI Strix last year. The problem was the red light was blinking which I found out it means there isn't enough power. So, I took out my 650W PSU which was actually pretty bad and cheap and I bought a new one, a 850W XPG Core Reactor which is a good PSU, tier A on Johnny Guru's list. The red light went away, all good. But now after so many months it started to blink again. What's wrong ? Obviously it's not a PSU thing anymore, I could power 3 3070ti's with 850W. And just like a side thing, the middle fan was making some noises from day 1, after 3-4 months it stopped spinning at all sometimes, sometimes it comes back to life and spins, sometimes it works ok but when the fan speed is low it makes very bad noises and the spin can be seen that it's not normal. I can upload a video if needed. Thank you.
6 REPLIES 6

ahfoo
Level 13
It may appear to me the capacitor giving wrong voltage instruction to the card. If this happen, try turn off the system and unplug the the power cord from the psu for a while and re-insert the power cord. By the way do you Asus GPU tweak installed? Try turning off the power detector setting or uninstall it., It may help.

ahfoo wrote:
It may appear to me the capacitor giving wrong voltage instruction to the card. If this happen, try turn off the system and unplug the the power cord from the psu for a while and re-insert the power cord. By the way do you Asus GPU tweak installed? Try turning off the power detector setting or uninstall it., It may help.

Yes, unplugging the power cord fixes it but after 2-3 days the red flashing starts again. I don't have and never had Asus Gpu Tweak installed. I'm wondering if the gpu isn't getting somehow enough power(although that's impossible with a brand new 850w PSU), or the gpu is faulty or if that red light flashing is just a bug and everything is ok.

Hey Ahfoo, thanks for the answer. Came looking for this thread since i had this happen to me today,  turning off the power detector setting worked fine. 

Big Kudos!

ahfoo
Level 13
Try switching the 3070Ti bios switch to Quite mode and try it out.

Hello,

just had this happen to me while I was playing Warzone, didn't see no change in performance in game, nothing, just noticed 3 flashing lights on GPU.
I finished the game, found this thread, shut down PC, unplug power supply and then turned all back up. Didn't repeat itself for now.

Both, power supply and GPU are about 3 months old and the power supply is Corsair RM1000x, I would say it is enough power for this card and the rest of PC.
Since I see this thread and found one other I think Asus should check this better.

ahfoo
Level 13
This not happened to Asus alone. I got another 2 system, One Gigabyte and EVGA 3080 also having the same issue sometimes. Cap discharge may not fast enough. But I cannot determine if this was cause by the PSU. By the way I was like you having 1200w from corsair. But that does not quantified the fault with PSU. One thing for sure, once a while this do happened to be. I turn off the switch behind the PSU and unplug the main power source connected to the PSU for a while and turn it on again.