cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3060 Strix: Can't sync with iCue after update

NekWioS
Level 7
Hey,
I updated my Armoury Crate after months the first time because my Asus Strix 3060 required a update also, so I can open it tab.
Now I can't Sync my Mainboard and GPU with iCue anymore. It was perfectly fine before.
On top the RGB on my GPU glitched completely out suddenly, a mixture of white-red-blank.
The GPU and Mainboard shows up in iCue but I have absoulute no control over Asus parts anymore.
I tried to reinstall everything, update iCue as well and played with the Aura-Sync chain sometimes.
When I deactivate Armoury Crate, my GPU has glitched colors or goes Red-breathing-mode.
Right now I run everything Static red in Armoury Crate, but have no possibilities to sync it for 1-click actions.
It is really annoying, has anyone a fix for that one?
Thanks!
6 REPLIES 6

kubr0
Level 7
Honestly, iCUE is just a mess. On my XIII Hero with the Strix 3080 Ti, I have set up through Armoury Crate that RAM, Mobo and GPU should be all changing colors, synchronized. AFter a restart, it all works fine up until the moment iCUE loads its profile for my keyboard. Afterwards, only the Mobo and GPU are synced and change colors as they should. The RAM sticks get stuck on the color from the moment when iCUE started. To fix it, I have to just start and close Armoury Crate and its all good, but that shouldn't be necessary. Shame I have to have iCUE running due to my keyboard 😞

BigJohnny
Level 13
First mistake is armory crate.
Mine work fine with Ique but the secret is to not use armory crate. Download the last version of Aura AKA Lighting control 1.07.84
Uninstall and get rid of all traces of Armory Crate.
Uninstall Ique and delete all those folders as well.
Reboot
Install Ique first, reboot
In the task bar stop Ique. right click the Ique then quit
Install the lighting service but NEVER launch it, all you need is the lighting service running in services.
Reboot and enjoy everything BUT the addressable headers on the MOBO synching perfectly with Ique.

This is the closest you can get to having your cake and eating it too. Cant run both at the same time.
Look though the forums and see how many Armory crate problems are posted. More than pretty much any other subject, even for people not running Ique

ahfoo
Level 13
I think we stop accusing either Asus or Corsair causing certain issue. Maybe you following this link below to answer your question.

https://help.corsair.com/hc/en-us/articles/360025166712-Perform-a-clean-reinstallation-of-the-Corsai...

Please see attached images, The method work for windows 11 too.

ahfoo wrote:
I think we stop accusing either Asus or Corsair causing certain issue. Maybe you following this link below to answer your question.

https://help.corsair.com/hc/en-us/articles/360025166712-Perform-a-clean-reinstallation-of-the-Corsai...

Havent had an issue since I dumped AURA and armory crate, just have the asus lighting service running and can control everything but the adressable headers on the MOBO which I dont use anyhow as I gave up on ASUS and went to all Corsair. I have the ability to synch the GPUs but Im running Heatkiller water blocks with addressable strips plugged into a corsair controller. The only thing I get out of running the lighting service is control of the MOBO although the GPUs are listed, the stock air coolers are long since been stored in the boxes the cards came in and will remain there until either the cards are cooked or I decide to upgrade and sell them and someone wants the stock air coolers instead of water blocks.

I didnt have to go though all that which you listed. It was the PITA similar method of getting rid of armory crate that's even harder.

ahfoo wrote:

iCue isn't listing my RAM modules. Armory Crate does see them and allows me to control the RGB on everything. I use 2x HyperX 16GB DDR4 3600 MHz CL18 FURY RGB series modules. Clearly a fault on Corsairs side ...

kubr0
Level 7
was able to fix my issue. Simply disabled iCUE control of any other lightning than the keyboard. You can do this by going into settings and disabling "Plugins". Might help you too, to switch this setting back and forth?