cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

30 second Boot Delay with 560ti

jonde99
Level 7
I upgraded my old geforce 8800 to a GTX 560ti, it's connected to my Maximus iv extreme z in the top pci-e slot. Exactly where the 8800 was before.

Since this new card, the boot time was delayed by 3000000 seconds, where I would switch on, and nothing happens, for 30 sedconds. Not even the bios initial beeps. Just the PSU fan spun up.

After the 30 second wait i hear all the beeps and booting commences as expected. I figured it was my 500w PSU. Anyway, I just upgraded the PSU to 700w OCZ unit. And this annoying delay remains.

I've turned off all overclocking, the only nonstand setting is overvolt protection which breaks suspend/hibernate.

Any ideas what the cause of this delay is?
5 REPLIES 5

HiVizMan
Level 40
Please do the following.

Power down and clear your CMOS.

Power up and in BIOS F5 enter to reset the BIOS to defaults.

F10 and enter to save and reboot.

Let the system POST to OS.

Reset.

Your system should now be back to normal.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

Clear CMOS and reset bios to defaults as you suggested. No change.

I noticed that the debug leds stop on 62, which is initializing PCH runtime drivers. So I tried a few other things.

1. I set the usb 2.0 switch to NEC instead of PCH, which solves a few USB 1 issue I have. No change.
2. Disabled all onbuard perifs, no change.
3. Moved other cards out of slots sharing the IRQ of the GTX 560 PCIe slot. No change.

The only thing I have no tried is moving the GTX 560 to a different slot, which I will do today, but involves some hard drive relocation.
I will also dig out my old 8800 today to see if it is definately the 560 causing it.

Incidentally, I found a post on the subject that seems to point to an unknown flaw in the bios.

http://blog.tabinda.net/microhard/the-troubled-sandy-bridge-platform-error-codes-0d-62-94-d2/

The issue does not affect the workings of the machine, but it;s annoying to have to wait 30 seconds for a computer to resume from sleep.

HiVizMan wrote:
Please do the following.

Power down and clear your CMOS.

Power up and in BIOS F5 enter to reset the BIOS to defaults.

F10 and enter to save and reboot.

Let the system POST to OS.

Reset.

Your system should now be back to normal.

HiVizMan,
Just for my knowledge, what is the reasoning behind this. Thank you

HiVizMan
Level 40
Hey Menthol it is quite simple really. Most often when you change hardware the there has to be a retraining or if you prefer a new set up process for the UEFI bios to manage the new hardware. Some of the time this does not always go so smoothly. Bit of older data gets left behind or the new training is corrupted. Now by clearing the CMOS you are forcing the system to revert to factory default. That is the first part in making sure any buffer area that might have corrupt or incorrect information is flushed. The conflict that incorrect or corrupt data can have is often the cause of the delay. The rest is just to make sure that it was not user error in the BIOS that caused the problem if the clear CMOS did not work.

In this case I suspect there is a USB device that is connected to the system that is not playing nice, and would have asked about that next in fact.

Thing is what we do here is a process of elimination, just remove variables and keep going until you either fix it or what you have left is the problem. True having a gut feeling about some stuff does cut out heaps of time, but for the tricky ones it is a step by step process of elimination.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

kkn
Level 14
drivers on the card? ( delete old drivers and instal new one ( clean instal ) )