Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

W8.1 Raidr as Second drive not recognized as SSD

DragonClaVV
Level 9
Hey guys,

just wanted to let the ASUS guys know:

Windows 8.1 has problems to detect the Raidr as an SSD.

Point 1: If installed on the Raidr the Raidr is shown as a Hard drive in the menu where you can manually start to defreg/optimize the computer hard drives. The problem with this is that Trim does not work!

If you run winsat formal the drive get recognized as SSD and trim started to work. But i think not many people know this command and microsoft has hidden the System tool do analyze the performance. Worst case: A never trimmed Raidr.

Point 2: If you use the Raidr not for the os as a sedcond drive you can run winsat formal too. But it doenst let the Raidr to be reognized as an SSD and Trim ist not working.

Havent tryed that without a Raid on the drive. So i think its a bug with W8.1 and raided SSDs to be recognized as SSDs

Greetings
11 REPLIES 11

FunkySkunK
Level 7
Hi guys, looks like am having a similar problem. Am on z87 maximus vi, I have two raidr drives installed but only one can be seen by windows 8.1.

I have tried booting up with both cards in legacy mode and entering the marvel bios, also one card shows up here.

Is it possible to raid two raidr cards? I need some assistance, I have a raidr card doing nothing but looking pretty glowing red at the moment!

Thanks in advance for any help

DragonClaVV
Level 9
Sounds like you want something like that? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=27GmBzQWwP0