cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RAIDR Express install guide & FAQ

X-ROG
Level 15
39 REPLIES 39

With a Rampage IV Black Edition, it's possible to put 2 GTX 780 DC2OC in SLI and 2 RaidR Express in Raid 0 ?

Shiverik wrote:
With a Rampage IV Black Edition, it's possible to put 2 GTX 780 DC2OC in SLI and 2 RaidR Express in Raid 0 ?

Hi guys I hope someone responds .. Also I have the Rampage IV Black Edition with sli gtx 980, there are problems with one RAIDR expressed PCIe SSD or later make a raid 0? Thanks in advance.
Mobo:/ Rampage IV Black Edition/ CPU:i7-4930K/ Liquido:Waterblock Koolance CPU-380I/ 2-480 XSPC V3 + 240 XSPC V3(Dual loop)/ Ram:Corsair Dominator Platinum 32GB 2133/ VGA: EVGA GTX 980 SC/ Monitor:3D ASUS VG278H *120Hz/ SSD Sistema 1:Samsung 840 Pro 256Gb/ SSD Sistema 2 Ocz vertex2 160Gb/ SO:Win8.1Pro e Win7 Pro/ HD Archivio:4 Western Digital 1T/ Alim:SilverStone ST-1500W/ Case Corsair Obdsian 900D.

MaxIta wrote:
Hi guys I hope someone responds .. Also I have the Rampage IV Black Edition with sli gtx 980, there are problems with one RAIDR expressed PCIe SSD or later make a raid 0? Thanks in advance.

On this forum never answers no! Congratulations ..
Mobo:/ Rampage IV Black Edition/ CPU:i7-4930K/ Liquido:Waterblock Koolance CPU-380I/ 2-480 XSPC V3 + 240 XSPC V3(Dual loop)/ Ram:Corsair Dominator Platinum 32GB 2133/ VGA: EVGA GTX 980 SC/ Monitor:3D ASUS VG278H *120Hz/ SSD Sistema 1:Samsung 840 Pro 256Gb/ SSD Sistema 2 Ocz vertex2 160Gb/ SO:Win8.1Pro e Win7 Pro/ HD Archivio:4 Western Digital 1T/ Alim:SilverStone ST-1500W/ Case Corsair Obdsian 900D.

arnamide
Level 7
I cant manage to setup this drive. I need some help.. i got it working for the first time, but after some reading i understood that ive installed my OS on a non-UEFI version of the RAIDR express and then went to reinstall my OS with UEFI boot. But i cant boot with the UEFI mode enabled. Ive been reading the install guide for like 2-3 hours now but i cant get anywhere 😞 What am i doing wrong?

My specs:

ASUS ROG Maximus Extreme
Core i7 4770K
Corsair Dominator Platinum
GTX 780 SLi
ASUS ROG RAIDR Express 240gb

Bios version: 0804

Nodens
Level 16
For UEFI installation, you need to setup your array whil ein legacy mode and then switch to UEFI mode prior to starting Windows installation. For a guide on UEFI Windows installation see the guide in my sig.:)
RAMPAGE Windows 8/7 UEFI Installation Guide - Patched OROM for TRIM in RAID - Patched UEFI GOP Updater Tool - ASUS OEM License Restorer
There are 10 types of people in the world. Those who understand binary and those who don't!

RealBench Developer.

InFAMAS-ONE
Level 8
Hi.

I am getting a Maximus VII Formula, and an i7 4790K as soon as I can. I have 2 Poseidon Platinum GTX 780's, so if I wanted to use the RAIDR, and drop it into the third slot, would It drop SLI?

Would I have to put the RAIDR in a x1 slot, and nerf the RAIDR's speed in the process? I don't see a x4 slot on the VII Formula...

I really want to get a RAIDR, but I'm not going to if it's going to kill SLI, or if I can't use it at full bandwidth because there's no x4 slot on the mobo.

Thanks.

serge-esin
Level 7
Not updated firmware, what's the matter?

Deon017
Level 8
Have one in my RIVE black edition and works great - must agree with Praz, I have never gotten the advertised speeds, but still like it.

littlespy
Level 7
Hey guys,
any ideas where to put RAIDR on Rampage IV Black Edition when using SLI to keep both GPUS at x16 and not to lose the performance of RAIDR. For now I have GPU 1 is slot one (PCI-E x16_1), than RAIDR in slot 2 (PCI-E x 8_3)and then GPU 2 in slot three (PCI-E x 16_3). What do you think?

AlexTheRepublic
Level 9
Why has ASUS abandoned the RAIDR Express "series"? It was really cool and would have definitely been a strong contender in the market.