cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question on boot times by adding the RAIDR Express

TheNerdBench
Level 10
Greetings all,

I have been holding off on purchasing the RAIDR Express due to some chatter I've picked up on over the added boot time of 10 seconds or so during the POST.

I'm curious for those of you who have the RAIDR Express what has been your actual boot times with power-on till the Windows Login appears (or how much time is added during the POST as I assume the RAIDR has some type of BIOS that is added).

Thanks for any insight that is provided-Brian

[/HR]
For trouble-shooting tips see my blog at:

[/HR]
http://thenerdbench.blogspot.com/p/bench-testing.html

[/HR]
MB: Crosshair V Formula-Z • CPU: FX-8350 • GPU: Asus Matrix R9 280x • RAM: 8GB of Crucial Ballistix Tactical Tracer (1866)• PSU: Thermaltake DPS Thoughpower 750 Watt • CPU Cooler: Thermaltake Frio Advanced • Keyboard: TT Sports Challanger Ultimate • Mouse: TT Sports Black Element • Case: Thermaltake GT Level 10

[/HR]
2 REPLIES 2

Mad-Maelstrom
Level 7
Now I've managed to get full UEFI working and tweaked it, I can honestly say my boot time (fast boot on) is around 10 seconds. I'm really, really impressed with it, everything is flying along.
FYI - running Win8.1 with Secure Boot enabled

TheNerdBench
Level 10
Thanks for the response; sounds like you are pretty impressed with the RAIDR then.

I'll do some bench marking hopefully with Windows 8.1 this weekend with my current hybrid SSD/HD setup. Right now I have over a 40 second power-on till log in with Window 7 Professional; at one time it was I believe around 15 seconds so I'll have to figure out why my boot times have increased so much even with a bare install of Windows 7 on a single SSD. Thinking the BIOS on my Matrix R9 280 may of added 10 seconds to my boot time.

Thanks again for the feedback-Brian

[/HR]
For trouble-shooting tips see my blog at:

[/HR]
http://thenerdbench.blogspot.com/p/bench-testing.html

[/HR]
MB: Crosshair V Formula-Z • CPU: FX-8350 • GPU: Asus Matrix R9 280x • RAM: 8GB of Crucial Ballistix Tactical Tracer (1866)• PSU: Thermaltake DPS Thoughpower 750 Watt • CPU Cooler: Thermaltake Frio Advanced • Keyboard: TT Sports Challanger Ultimate • Mouse: TT Sports Black Element • Case: Thermaltake GT Level 10

[/HR]