cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Front Base Support/Help

MatG
Level 9
Hello, i need help updating the software/driver for my ROG Front Base.

The two latest updates won't install. When i try to install, the "installshield window" just hangs.

ROG Front Base Driver Version 1.01.06 installs fine, but does not support my ASUS ROG Extreme V x99 Motherboard.

ROG Front Base Driver Version 1.01.11 and Version 1.01.12 hangs when i try to install..

Got latest "AI Suite III" and "Realtek Audio V6.0.1.7255" installed.

I think it's sad to see the lack of support on this product and really need to see some official ASUS ROG supporters on this, please!
41 REPLIES 41

Ruok2bu wrote:
I figured it out!

Here's exactly what i did:

- Unplugged all the ROG Front Base wires from the Unit itself and the motherboard.
- Plugged them back in and checked (with flashlight) they were securely plugged in.
- Installed the oldest version of the software (Version 1.01.06) but instead of using the AsusSetup.exe in the main directory, i first installed "ROGConnectPlus", restarted and then installed "FrontBase" and restarted again.

P.S. My version has a v44 sticker, so instead of doing the USB connection like others have pointed out on this forum, i simply connected the AAFP and ROG plugs into the motherboard.

WOW
Thank's man
I try over 2 days to find out and u save me !!!
Tnx again

hellboy99
Level 10
To all of you that have had and still are having issues with the ASUS Front Base unit, judging by the responses I've been getting back from ASUS Tech Support it's not going to be addressed anytime soon/they couldn't be bothered.

I have explained the numerous issues I've experienced with this unit to Tech Support and have been in touch with them on numerous occasions since 01/10/2015 right up to today, 11/08/2015. The Front Base works with some MB BIOS and not with others, have had to use various/strange combinations of BIOS and firmware/software/drivers for the Front Base, I had it/got it eventually working with Win 8.1, worked fine with no issues with the numerous technical preview versions of Win 10, worked fine with the official release Win 10 until I upgraded the MB BIOS to 2801.

This is the latest reply I received from ASUS Tech Support:

Please test the Front Base on a fresh Windows 8.1 with the drivers that are available on the Official ASUS support page.

Even if the device worked previously on a Windows 10 we cannot recommend it as this product is not recognized officially at this point in time as being compatible with Windows 10.

If you feel the Front Base is not working within the official specifications on the official ASUS website I would recommend returning it to your retailer for a refund or replacement within warranty.

Best Regards,

ASUS Technical Support

No mention what so ever that we are looking into the issue or that they are working on official Win 10 support. I will never buy another ASUS product!

hellboy99
Level 10
I really do think now at this stage Asus couldn't be bothered with looking into this issue, here's the latest reply from them:

Unfortunately these are the limitations for the ROG Front Base at the present time.

I'm glad to hear the Front Base worked on Windows 10 with BIOS version 2601 however it was never designed to in the first place.

As soon as new drivers, firmware, software or BIOS will be developed to grant full compatibility with the new Windows 10 OS they will be posted on the Official Support Page of the ROG Front Base.

Unfortunately at this time we do not have a time-frame on when that will be.

Best Regards,

ASUS Technical Support

Regardless of Windows 10, what about it not working right on Windows 8 and 7?

hellboy99
Level 10
Now working for me on my Ranger VII with BIOS 2801 and ROG Front Base Driver: 1.01.15

stricken404
Level 7
I fixed mine, finally, after forever of it being broken. This fix is guaranteed to work on all Z97 boards on Win 8.1 and Windows 7 64 bit Home Premium!

Reboot when asked. Use "AsusSetup.exe" versus "Setup.exe" when it's available.

Uninstall the following software: AI Suite 3, Realtek Audio, RoG Connect Plus, RoG Connect.

Go here: https://www.asus.com/us/Motherboard-Accessory/ROG_Front_Base/HelpDesk_Download/

Select your OS.

Download the following things, and only these:
Under "Audio", download Realtek Audio V6.0.1.7255 (should be the only one on there at the time of writing this)
Under "Utilities", download AI Suite 3 V1.00.79, you'll have to scroll down a bit to find this one. It's from 2014, but I'm certain it works.
Under "Utilities", right below the AI Suite 3 you just downloaded, will be the original FrontBase drivers with RoG Connect bundled with them. Download it. It should be version V1.01.06

Now, install them in the order above. First Realtek. Then AI Suite 3. Then the Frontbase Drivers. Reboot when asked.

On the final reboot after the Frontbase driver installation, once you load into Windows and AI Suite 3 turns back on, it should suddenly show CPU Frequency as something that's accurate now, and
all the buttons like Escape Mode and One-Click OC should all work, as well as fan speed editing. I've confirmed this fix works on the Maximus VII Formula, Maximus VII Gene, and Maximus VII Hero.
I've only tested this on Windows 8.1 and 7 Home Premium 64 bit.

Good luck!

Thread is old but same thing was happening to me on my new 2017 Pc build (maximus ix formula - i7 7700k - gtx 1080).
Asus front base drivers hang on install and ,no matter what, i was unable to install them for more than a month and have my front base working properly.
I have read many sugestions to correct the problem some of them stated in this thread but none of them worked.

The solution to this problem is in fact much more simple.
Just to clarify, i sucessfuly installed the drivers and got front base working with NO NEED to install anything else, no Asus Aisuite3 , no Rog connect etc... JUST the drivers itself.
Here it goes:
Download the latest front base drivers from ASUS Site.
After download right click in the file and tick the option "unblock" click apply and thats it... 🙂
Your drivers should now sucessfuly install with no hangs.

Guys im having ASUS RAMPAGE V EXTREME installed latest bios while installing front base driver it shows failed to install IO Driver dont know why buy im using the front base since windows 7 after updating to windows 10 installed all driver finally installed Front base driver and it shows error help me guys :):)

Renikz
Level 7
After updating the BIOS (906) ROG STRIX Z270E GAMING on the motherboard and windows 10 (1703) ceased to work correctly. To display the time and name of the motherboard.Journal with errors in the topic
https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?93141-Rog-front-base-application-error&p=649525#post649525
https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?92904-ROG-Front-Base-Application-Error&p=648495#post648495

purecain
Level 9
bloody stupid front base. ASUS GET THE CABLE SORTED OUT. MOST PEOPLE ARE HAVING TROUBLE DUE TO THE CABLE NEEDING TO BE PUSHED INTO THE SOCKET FOR PROPPER CONNECTION. 3 nights and 2 days of my life i'll never get back... I know a lot about front bases though... theres always an upside eh... jebus...
AsusCrosshairHeroVIII - 5950X
32Gb G.Skill RGB Trident 16gb3466Mhz B-Die + 16gb4266Mhz B-Die
Asus Tuf RTX3090
1TbSamsung960EVO M.2 1TbSamsung850EVO SSD Seagate2TB/3Tb CorsairForceGt 64gb
Seasonic Focus1000w 80+ Gold
Thermaltake Core X71 Tempered glass side panal

Bahz
Level 12
Since this is the longer running thread, for those who wanted an update regarding ROG Front base support for C6H and other AMD current and upcoming chipsets, I'm sorry to inform you that there will be no support for AMD boards. The ROG front base was designed for Intel architecture boards and unfortunately isn't possible to work without issues on AMD boards. The latest and last chipset that the ROG Front Base will have support for is Z270.