cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Front Base Support/Help

MatG
Level 9
Hello, i need help updating the software/driver for my ROG Front Base.

The two latest updates won't install. When i try to install, the "installshield window" just hangs.

ROG Front Base Driver Version 1.01.06 installs fine, but does not support my ASUS ROG Extreme V x99 Motherboard.

ROG Front Base Driver Version 1.01.11 and Version 1.01.12 hangs when i try to install..

Got latest "AI Suite III" and "Realtek Audio V6.0.1.7255" installed.

I think it's sad to see the lack of support on this product and really need to see some official ASUS ROG supporters on this, please!
41 REPLIES 41

stricken404
Level 7
Nope. Neither of them work. Both of them open an installshield wizard tab in the task bar that does nothing. My motherboard is at the second latest drivers (since the latest ones came out like 3 days ago). When I go to kill the InstallShield Wizard using Task Manager I get a pop up message after it kills it that's titled "Wonder Box Driver" "An error occurred while launching the setup" "The remote procedure call failed"

stricken404 wrote:
Nope. Neither of them work. Both of them open an installshield wizard tab in the task bar that does nothing. My motherboard is at the second latest drivers (since the latest ones came out like 3 days ago). When I go to kill the InstallShield Wizard using Task Manager I get a pop up message after it kills it that's titled "Wonder Box Driver" "An error occurred while launching the setup" "The remote procedure call failed"

There is one thing to do for the non installing driver, try right clicking the first file "Asussetup.exe" and clicking "run as administrator" try this on both files ie Asussetup.exe and Setup.exe I hope this works, as for which order to install everything I installed the driver first then the Ai suite 3 but of course I installed the ROG front base first.

stricken404
Level 7
Thanks for all your help, but it still won't work. I tried running both the Asusstetup.exe and Setup.exe as administrator. I have the only account on this computer and it has full privileges.
It is one of two things:
1. These drivers seem to not like Windows 7 and the Maximus VII Formula (those two factors combined, because I know it works on this board with 8, and it works on 7 with the Hero or Impact
2. My Front Base is defective (doubtful since the error is with install shield wizard being able to install the drivers properly)
I'm okay with it honestly, I just wished it worked as advertised, I bought it for case bling though and not much else.

Vlada011
Level 10
I'm sorry to hear for your troubles with Front Base, I just search for information how Front Base work as fan controller.
Is it good option for 4 fans or fan controllers are better. I didn't thought about some expensive Lamptron fan controllers,
only is it reliable and easy for use. In my case I have exactly place for OC Panel and Front Base in DVD-RW bay.

Beny89
Level 7
Anyone managed to solve this issue or know how. I just bought Maximus VII HERO Motherboard and Fornt Base. I updated MB bios no problem and I downloaded drivers and bios for Front Panel, but when I click on setup.exe it just freeze and does nothing.

Do I need to run it when Front Base is connected via ROG_EXT or via USB 2.0?

Please help. That is quite expensive tool and I am amazed how ASUS made it hard to use with their new MBs :((

Installed new BIOS and I have lost the "edit" function on my ROG front base and the CPU Frequency read out no longer works.

ASUS really need to get this temperamental unit sorted, numerous posts here and on various other forums all with the same issue and nothing from ASUS to address it.

hellboy99
Level 10
This panel is doing my head in now, can't get it to fully function at all now since upgrading to BIOS 2801. No matter what BIOS I rollback to, or firmware/software/driver versions for the panel it will not work 100%.

Ruok2bu
Level 7
I'm having the same problem. My Front Base has a sticker on the back of the LCD but when i run the driver installation, it just freezes (and stays frozen forever) on 3 processes:

iKernel.exe
-> aaHMIns.exe
--> conhost.exe

My mobo is Maximum VII Formula, I'm running Windows 8.1 SP1 and my account has administrator privileges.

Oddly, the front of the LCD always says "USB" even when connected to the ROG and AAFP ports.

Ruok2bu
Level 7
I figured it out!

Here's exactly what i did:

- Unplugged all the ROG Front Base wires from the Unit itself and the motherboard.
- Plugged them back in and checked (with flashlight) they were securely plugged in.
- Installed the oldest version of the software (Version 1.01.06) but instead of using the AsusSetup.exe in the main directory, i first installed "ROGConnectPlus", restarted and then installed "FrontBase" and restarted again.

P.S. My version has a v44 sticker, so instead of doing the USB connection like others have pointed out on this forum, i simply connected the AAFP and ROG plugs into the motherboard.

Ruok2bu wrote:
I figured it out!

Here's exactly what i did:

- Unplugged all the ROG Front Base wires from the Unit itself and the motherboard.
- Plugged them back in and checked (with flashlight) they were securely plugged in.
- Installed the oldest version of the software (Version 1.01.06) but instead of using the AsusSetup.exe in the main directory, i first installed "ROGConnectPlus", restarted and then installed "FrontBase" and restarted again.

P.S. My version has a v44 sticker, so instead of doing the USB connection like others have pointed out on this forum, i simply connected the AAFP and ROG plugs into the motherboard.

Did this work for you? +Rep me.

Hasn't worked for me, CPU still reading 0.000, rest working ok. Thanks though.