cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Front Base , how to make this thing run properly?

frozen_sun
Level 7
Hi ROG members.
Ok third attempt and this time this one came in working condition.
But it is showing static values for temp, CPU fan rpm, and MoBo temp,even (when I play game),only in desktop, nothing, values are all the time same.
It is also showing CPU fixed frequency of 3407 MHz which is not accurate.
Clock is showing -:-.
MoBo temp was nearly accurate as was the CPU fan speed but as I said it is always showing one fixed value.
I went to support site but I am a lot confused, what do I need to install to make this thing work?
Googling made me even more confused (links below).
So under support,what exactly do I need to install?
Should I install driver prior to hardware installation or after?
Do I need to install anything else besides driver?
I tried with Asus Rampage V Extreme MoBo and like I said it is showing fixed values.
I could hook up with my 2nd board Maximus VIII Formula.
In top right corner*I see code RSE,dunno what that means!!
14 REPLIES 14

xeromist
You must have a basic driver, possibly provided by Windows Update. You could find the device in the device manager and see what driver version is running, then compare that to the versions available directly from ASUS. Manually installing the driver just guarantees you have the latest full driver package.
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

xeromist wrote:
You must have a basic driver, possibly provided by Windows Update. You could find the device in the device manager and see what driver version is running, then compare that to the versions available directly from ASUS. Manually installing the driver just guarantees you have the latest full driver package.

I'd be grateful if you could explain me for what option(s) do I need a driver+ROG Connect?

xeromist
Sorry, I wasn't clear. I meant you must have received a basic driver already, possibly from Windows Update. No hardware device works without a driver so Windows will try to install one if it can. Sometimes it can be a generic driver for a class of hardware or a very old device specific driver that was supplied by the manufacturer to Microsoft.

Basically, to ensure the "intended" experience you'd want to install the latest driver from the manufacturer's website. There are exceptions like when a product has been discontinued but the chip manufacturer is still putting out updates (think graphics cards).

But, if you're happy with how it's working then I wouldn't worry about it. If you think something is missing or sub-par then try looking for a newer driver/firmware.
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

frozen_sun
Level 7
Don't now what to do...
I ti showing all parameters correctly, I checked with HWInfo.
Only the clock is not working which I don't mind.
It is showing constant 4,5GHz I suppose because I clocked the CPU to 4.5GHz.
I guess I don't need neither ROG Connect neither ROG Front Base driver.

frozen_sun
Level 7
Nope..not showing same temp as in HWinfo when CPU heats up like in gaming. The difference goes as high as 10 °C.
So I assume I should give chance to driver.