cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ASUS ROG Front Base - Clock not working

Jagdseelen
Level 8
The clock on my ASUS ROG Front Base shows as --:-- and will not update and it has been this way since I had a power outage.

I have tried disconnecting it from the motherboard.

Updated FW to v48.

Re installed software.

and a couple of things I've forgotten.

Does anyone have a solution for this problem? I have no faith in ASUS even reading this post so I am asking you the customers more than ASUS.
19 REPLIES 19

JemTheWire01
Level 7
Fair enough, but it is still the latest. Perhaps it has a bug fix that isn't listed in the change log.

JemTheWire01 wrote:
Fair enough, but it is still the latest. Perhaps it has a bug fix that isn't listed in the change log.

already tried that solution and it failed completely

Jagdseelen wrote:
already tried that solution and it failed completely

You ever get yours working? Mine just randomly stopped today. Had to kill the power on the back of the power supply to put in a new 24 pin cable I got. fired it up and the time hasn't worked since. Just the --:--. Usually after powering down the time would reappear once into windows but not this time.

nokturnalb6six6 wrote:
You ever get yours working? Mine just randomly stopped today. Had to kill the power on the back of the power supply to put in a new 24 pin cable I got. fired it up and the time hasn't worked since. Just the --:--. Usually after powering down the time would reappear once into windows but not this time.

Same here. Had a power cut on the 21/01/18 and the time won't come back on. I've uninstalled and re-installed to no success so any help would be a boon.
"The only difference between me and a madman is that I am not mad"

Mine's just started to do this too this week. I wonder if a windows 10 patch has broken the drivers.
Tried a de-install and reinstall and still no luck.
Wonder if a patch has broken the mobo or pannel's ability to sync the time on boot up.

Catpuss wrote:
Mine's just started to do this too this week. I wonder if a windows 10 patch has broken the drivers.
Tried a de-install and reinstall and still no luck.
Wonder if a patch has broken the mobo or pannel's ability to sync the time on boot up.

Yes I can confirm that the last Windows update was responsible for screwing up my FrontBase connected to a Maximus VIII Hero Alpha Z170 mobo.
I have it working again and to do this I downloaded and installed the latest BIOS from the downloads page for my motherboard and installed the latest firmware for the FrontBase.
The FrontBase was previously working with V47 firmware as I couldn't get V54 to work. But now I have updated the BIOS it seems that V54 is working.

This bloody thing has been anything but plug-n-play since first purchase!!! :mad:

Good luck on your endeavours to get a working FrontBase again!

Kind regards,
RandomCoder.

Hi,
Just to add, latest mobo BIOS and Front Base firmware v57 works for me as well on Strix z720F gaming board.
After firmware update on front base I removed and re-installed the front base software set (i.e. driver). Took about a minute or so for clock to kick into to life after logging back into windows 10.

Code_Frenzy
Level 9
Glad you got it working again. The FrontBase can be a real pain in the ass to get fully functional!!

win 10 1709
all stitched and installed latest version

Renikz
Level 7
Имя сбойного приложения: WBoxTT.exe, версия: 0.0.0.0, метка времени: 0x00000000
Имя сбойного модуля: KERNELBASE.dll, версия: 10.0.16299.334, метка времени: 0xee297154
Код исключения: 0x0eedfade
Смещение ошибки: 0x00103ef2
Идентификатор сбойного процесса: 0x1c4c
Время запуска сбойного приложения: 0x01d3ca984db48125
Путь сбойного приложения: C:\Program Files (x86)\ASUS\Front Base Driver\WBoxTT.exe
Путь сбойного модуля: C:\WINDOWS\System32\KERNELBASE.dll
Идентификатор отчета: 2fa94663-85a8-43ed-b535-03cb86975625
Полное имя сбойного пакета: